Using Railmaster and Select?

Hi guys, I've just ordered the Hornby Western Master Set and I was wondering if it's possible to add a Hornby Select into the mix?

I know you can't use the select instead of the E-link like you can with the elite but can I use a select at all while still using elink and railmaster?

I've seen in the demo version of railmaster you can choose an hornby select in settings under controller B.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

You can't use 2 DCC controllers on the same circuit.   So to use a Select and RM/eLink, you have to have different circuits, like using one for locos and the other for points and accessories. 

However, if you do use the Select, its limitations will very quickly become apparent v RM, or Elite for that matter. Personally, I wouldn't do it. I started with Select but very quickly moved up to Elite and I won't be using Select again. 

Honestly....you probably wont want to!

So unless you want to keep the Select for independent control of points or accessories as Fishmanoz suggested (and I dont think you will even want to do that given how much easier it is with RailMaster), or keep it as a backup... then time to log onto that well known auction site and raise some cash towards a new loco or rolloing stock!

Ok thanks for the tips guys, will forget the select then :P

Might get an elite down the line but only really want a controller to have a nob to fiddle with, as nice as railmaster is, its nice to have something to actually touch.

Archived