Fitting a Decoder to DCC ready Royal Scot (R3085)

RDS

I have started to remove the body as described in the Instruction leaflet by removing the bogie and the chassis screw.

The instructions then suggest just easing the wheel assembly forward to disengage and downwards to remove.

However, there is also a short (approx 15mm) arm which goes from the rear wheels to just under the cab area.  This arm (is it the speedo?) is not mentioned in the instructions at all but does appear to have to be disconnected before the wheel assembly can be removed.

It seems very delicate so I am reluctant to try but does it just pull downwards from the cab area?  Why is it not mentioned at all in the leaflet?

Whilst waiting for my thread to be approved for the forum, I have disconnected the item that I think is the speedo by just easing it downwards.  I have fitted the decoder.  I just need to be able to refit the speedo now!

I'd been meaning to buy one of those "nutspinners" for quite a while and recently did so from my local model shop - it's an Expo 78032 2.5mm/12BA Nutspinner. I had seen them on eBay but acquired mine for less money, only £2.95. I haven't used it yet but you could view one on www.expotools.com

Archived