Cannot control Loco with Elite

RDS

This is a fascinating (well I think so) 'feature'.  My layout is controlled by RailMaster, through a Hornby Elite controller.  Everything works fine.  All Loco's can be controlled by either RailMaster or Elite, or a combination of both.  Except 1.  This particular Loco works every time when operated from RailMaster but the only control I have over it with the Elite is: that if I have set it off using RailMaster, I can stop it with my Elite.  Because I had no need to change it, I have always run it with the default 3 address.  However, today I have changed the id to 25 (it is running number 2546) and exactly the same thing happens.  Works perfectly from RailMaster but not from Elite.  Any ideas please?

I am nervous about resetting, as I guess it will lose all the names etc that I have entered.  As this is the only problem and it only affects one loco, I will live with it for now.  Thanks anyway.

Like you, RDS, I didn't really want to reset my Elite, but it has done the trick several times. Yes, I lost the names I had put onto it, but later realised that it didn't really matter because I keep a book of ID's anyway and can usually identify what they are as four digit ones by just looking at the loco I wish to operate and interpreting from that. It doesn't affect anything on RM which is easier to read for ID's and loco details anyway.

No, I haven't tried resetting the decoder but I have changed the id of the Loco.  What I can't understand is that it is the Elite that is actually controlling the Loco when I use RailMaster, so why does it not control it when I turn the controls.

I've had that sort of problem between the Elite and RM, and would still suggest resetting your Elite, which could well work. Disconnect your USB cable from it first, though, turn off the Elite, wait a while, switch it back on and try a reset. You probably won't solve it any other way and, if it works, joy, oh joy! I know you would lose your loco names but, if you wish, you can always set them back again, or leave it because you might have to do a future reset, which I've had to do. How many locos are you talking about? I had loads on mine but, using the ID four digit addressing I mentioned before, not resetting them on my Elite hasn't really bothered me.

Archived