eLink Firmware Upgrade

Hi everyone,

I'm having a bit of trouble upgrading my eLink firmware from 1.01 to 1.04.  The RM software appears to see the elink ok, but it fails to upgrade, and I believe the minimum version to work properly is 1.03.  I've tried the manual upgrade route, and that fails too.  Do I need to upgrade incrementally?  If so, where can I get the older versions of the firmware?

Thank you,

Paul

Hi Paul, no you shouldn't need to upgrade incrementally, it should work straight to latest. And if you are still having trouble, I agree with John that you should email RM Support from within the Help window of RM. 

Make sure you have installed as administrator and that your virus protection is not blocking RM, and tell RM so as these will be the first 2 questions they ask you otherwise. 

Thanks for the info everyone, very useful.  After swapping cables, and playing around with the comm ports on my old laptop I managed to get the firmware to upgrade.  However after the restart RM now appears to hang when trying to initialise the elink.  I'll keep on fiddling !

Archived