Lights on for new loco

Have new blue box loco, changed cv to new number, typed in name etc, thought i had put cab lights on F1, but they dont come on. Know they work as have tested on non DCCD. Light is actually on front of loco. What gives, john

Have you tried to see whether any other function puts the cab lights on/off, John? Don't forget either to include the on/off with light functions on RM. If that is not added, lights go so quickly on and off that you don't notice it.

I must admit, F0 is usually for external (directional) lights. I should have suggested trying that specific F number in my previous post. F1 is always for sound on/off on DCC sound locos. Sound diesel cab lighting is usually found elsewhere in a separate function.

Glad it's working John. You did try to confuse us though - you did say cab lighting in your original post, but then also said it was outside. Can't have it both ways and solution tells us you meant outside directional lighting (even if only in one direction). 

And remember this one, it will be the same for every loco you get, or every decoder you have in a loco, as it is a standard NMRA feature. 

Archived