Voice Control

Anyone notice anything different in 1.57 with voice control? I ask as I have been trying to make it fall over - and it wont. No delays between command and action being performed. Loco identfied straight away. AND all that through the laptop microphone with two trains running in the background ( I could'nt wait for the headphones to charge up). I love it. R-

Hi Roger. I agree it is great. Not noticed anything particularly other than what I have just posted in the V1.57 thread concerning a dialogue box appearing when I launch voice recognition telling me that some loco names are invalid and have been ignored and I should change the function button. Then it repeats Shunt three times. I have not altered anything since last version and the shunt command works so not sure what is happening or why. Otherwise commands being recognised and actioned without any undue delay and I more or less got that response on the first load of RM which is an improvement. Malcolm

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So, a bit like the Curate's egg then? As suggested it looks as though VR thinks it has a match between three loco names - OR - a loco name (maybe several) and the speed command "SHUNT". Is that possible do you think? Earlier on in my VR experience I did not get the dialogue box but my four Shunters were not responsive until I changed their VR ID's to "Jinty 64", "Jinty 97", "Sentinel" and "Southern" Good luck. R-

The shunt ignored dialog is telling you that there are locos on your list that have shunt on/off in the sound commands I had 2 locos the St Paul's & sir Mathews so changed them for braking & smoke & now I don't get the notification anymore.

Hi thanks very much. i do have three sound locos and the functions included a shunt command and I now seem to have lost the dialogue box. Odd that it never appeared in 1.56(as amended) but appeared in 1.57. Still not there now so once again thanks very much Malcolm

Archived