Forward - Reverse not working on HandHeld device after 1.56 update

rpjallan

As the title says, my Forward - Reverse is not working on my HandHeld device after 1.56 update. Everthing else works. In the HH log file it is sending the command and RailMaster is receiving it because it beeps and the little panel flashes but the direction of the loco doesn't change.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Glad to know that I am not the only one experiencing this problem. I came across it when I updated to 1.56 for RM and 1.20 for handheld iPad, last week. As there were no forum topics about the problem, I contacted HRMS via the Help route. I very quickly had a reply from HRMS advising they would look into it and provide a solution. As yet I have not had any further update, but I will post any reply when received.

I did find that the non operation of the Fwd/Rev button on the handheld only occurs if you have tick the "Reverse direction controls" in System Settings in RM. If it is unchecked, then everything appears to work correctly. However, I wish to stick with the normal UK convention of forward being to the left if I can. I also have noticed that on start up on RM that the direction of all locos are shown as "Reverse", which I do think was the case with previous version.(I have not used RM for a couple of months, so I may be wrong).

Generally I have had no problems with RM nor the updates and are very please with the system and eLink. I run RM on a PC with XP.

Barry

Archived