swap decoder

Yelrow

Hi John I have same set and had loads of problems with Peppercorn and Lindisfarne, although a cheaper way of getting started it seems having read other customers stories that the trains are probmatic in this set.

I had problems with the Lindisfarne when running it as it seemed to be dragging some of the drive wheels, Hornby reset the chip and this cured the problem so don't know if this could help you. Ron.

Jailor, hi, Peppercorn is with hornby, as wheel screw came out, but its fair to say, it ran well before. I think the diesel may be my fault, as i am asking it to go round some tight curves. I have a new Mallard waiting for a chip, running on DC, so thought i would switch them over. Knew nothing about replacing the blanking plug, thank you augustus, will it just be inside the body.Do i have to have it to run on DC. Dont know how many pins yet. just assumed they would be the same, john

John, your DCC ready Mallard will have a blanking plug in the socket where the decoder plugs in. This allows it to run DC and you have to remove it to install the decoder. When you remove it and put in the decoder from the diesel, you should then put the blsnking plug into the diesel socket so it will run DC. 

If the Mallard is Hornby, the DCC socket will be 8-pin just like in the Majestic set locos. 

Archived