RM 1.55 vs 1.56

Well at the end my problems seemed to be solved. At first I have to thank the Hornby Railmaster Support Team for helping me, and take over my computer in a remote session. I have to give a great compliment for the fantastic service and (quite a lot of) time spend on my case. :)

We saw a range of complex issues.

At first my computer started too many programs automatic, taking a lot of (e.g. too much) memory capacity.

Railmaster/eLink needs a certain "room to operate". This was probably a reason of the sudden crashes.

Second the configuration of the Railmaster program was not correct.

I saw several handmade changes by the Hornby support.

I drawed already a track layout. Also with several points and signals. But I don't use a point decoder yet, nor programmed points and/or signals. The advice was to delete these points and signals from the layout screen in RM.

Then the help messaging service in Railmaster doesn't want to operate, although a permission/exception was set up in the used antivirus program. In my case McAfee. Only when putting the firewall off, the help messaging service was operating well.

So the only conclusion was to change to another AV program. I got the advice to try Vipre. I deinstalled McAfee and used a trial version of Vipre. Every seems now to work correctly and ... fast.

Grzz, Hans

Well at the end my problems seemed to be solved. At first I have to thank the Hornby Railmaster Support Team for helping me, and take over my computer in a remote session. I have to give a great compliment for the fantastic service and (quite a lot of) time spend on my case. :)

We saw a range of complex issues.

At first my computer started too many programs automatic, taking a lot of (e.g. too much) memory capacity.

Railmaster/eLink needs a certain "room to operate". This was probably a reason of the sudden crashes.

Second the configuration of the Railmaster program was not correct.

I saw several handmade changes by the Hornby support.

I drawed already a track layout. Also with several points and signals. But I don't use a point decoder yet, nor programmed points and/or signals. The advice was to delete these points and signals from the layout screen in RM.

Then the help messaging service in Railmaster doesn't want to operate, although a permission/exception was set up in the used antivirus program. In my case McAfee. Only when putting the firewall off, the help messaging service was operating well.

So the only conclusion was to change to another AV program. I got the advice to try Vipre. I deinstalled McAfee and used a trial version of Vipre. Every seems now to work correctly and ... fast.

Grzz, Hans

Interesting that RM had to make changes to the configuration, presumably the ini file. Does this mean that the standard RM setup does not work ???

Hi will, not likely the ini file if only running locos but a possibility. More likely in Setup where there a number of things a new user may not have got right.

In general, the initial setup of RM should work. There are not many needing this level of intervention by RM Support to get it right.

Archived