C;\Program Files\Railmaster\ACTIVEX component can't create object - HELP

I do hope this is not another serious glitch - having got Railmaster working after a long time and a lot of help from Hornby support I have just started it up after a few weeks absence and low and behold I get the above - I have done all the 'normal' things ie switch off /reboot etc etc but the same thing happens - any ideas anyone thanks Mike

I am no expert - but that sounds like a Widows error rather than a RM one. I would wait for HRMS to pick this up and confirm or otherwise what is going on here. Maybe Admin could move this to the RM sub-forum where it should be seen and responded to a bit quicker than this one. R-

This could be a program error or Windows error. Usually with this message a database can be at fault. Maybe the RM database is causing an issue or is not being read properly.

Another possible cause is a Windows update not installing properly but there are other possibilities...

You could try a system restore to go back to the time the last one was created... usually after an installl or update etc.

The clue about the database possibility is in the can't create object as the program is trying to write something.

As Fishy says RM support should be able to advise what this object is supposed to be and why the error occurs.

Archived