how do I save a track layout

I have uploaded the latest version of RM and immediately lost my current track design. I had made some changes to the standard D layout. How do I save this as my own layout so I don't lose the thing again? Also whilst the last version worked perfectly on the new version one of the double sets of points I have put in doesn't have the direction indicators showing so it is difficult to tell which way the train will head!! How do I get them back?

I put this in the forum about a month ago and have been unable to find the topic I raised. Don't know where that disappeared to.

Hi Glenbo,

Firstly. if you decide to modify a layout supplied with RM, you must save it with a different name, otherwise the next time you install a new release, it will be overwritten again by the download. Second, when you insert points into a layout diagram, on positioning the green/red buttons, you must allow them to "snap" to their correct position relative to the point. To do this, drag one of the buttons to the centre of the point, then release it and both buttons should jump into position. If you don't do this, the link between the buttons and the point isn't confirmed and the point won't have the direction indicators showing when switched.

Ray

It is always best to give your layout a name you recognise easily. If the existing file name is in the bottom left hand box, click on it, remove it and type your file name for your layout. Then click the tick to save it.

To make sure it is saved, click to save it again, it will ask if you want to over write it and say yes.

Once you have given your layout a new name you need to tell RM the new layout name or it will load the previous one.

If you have not done so, do the following.

Click the gear wheel top left = system settings a box will open.

Click the drop down box where it says... 'Start up track' and choose your layout file.

Next, click the tick to save the settings.

Your page will refresh and open your newly named layout. Everytime you close RM and re-open it your layout file will be opened.

PJ

• 4 weeks later...
you know I never thought to deleteor overwrite the name in the box at the bottom! I suppose it is detailed in the instructions somewhere, but in anycase I'm cooking with gas and thanks for the information on setting up the points. Didn't know that either and its resolved the problem immediately.

Archived