pro pack reactivated after deactivating railmaster and reinstalling

Hi Hornby support

I de activated my railmaster because win 8.1 was playing up and I wanted to do a clean install of said software after reinstalling win 8.1 and then railmaster I did not have pro pack anymore and like a idiot I did not write it down . I have tried to find the email with the unlock key with no luck .

So I contacted support and they sent me a email telling me to either find the email and telling me off for not writing it down but no further advice or help to over come this problem yet. So HELP please support to get my pro pack up and working again.

With much groveling and wringing of hands

mcrook

Who is your email provider MC as hopefully you have asked them to keep a copy of your emails on their server. If so you can login to their system using your browser and find the email there.

BTW - been there, done that, worn the tee shirt, lost the pc and had to start again.

Rob

I am surprised at the (lack of) support you have received from Hornby and this does not sound at all like the support that RailMaster support have provided. I don't know whether you emailed Hornby Support or Hornby RailMaster support, as they seem to be 2 separate departments. If you are providing the same email address that you used previously, then RailMaster support should just be able to resend the email to you.

I would try again, directly with RailMaster support. (support@rail-master.com)

I am surprised at the (lack of) support you have received from Hornby and this does not sound at all like the support that RailMaster support have provided. I don't know whether you emailed Hornby Support or Hornby RailMaster support, as they seem to be 2 separate departments. If you are providing the same email address that you used previously, then RailMaster support should just be able to resend the email to you.

Hi

Everthing is rosey back in the garden my email provider some how had deleted all of sept emails it jump from august to october? so I was able to find my email from hornby with the unlock code and I have taken a copy and lock it in my safe ,

I sent another email to railmaster support telling of my glad tidings but still not had a reply to 2 other emails that i sent them.

But a least the great engines can start rollin again on my layout.

Regards

Michael

Hans is right about virus protection stopping emails sent from within the Help window of RM. It's easy to tell though; if you don't get an immediate automatic acknowledgement, it hasn't gone.

Emails to support@rail-master.com are not so affected. You will get the automated response to confirm, then you will also get the real reply in short order. They simply don't leave emails unanswered and provide very good feedback. Emails to HCC on the other hand are often slower, up to days before you get the real reply. And all they can do is refer to RM Support on RM issues. So really no point emailing them on RM stuff when you can go direct and get a quick answer.

Archived