Select Controller seizing up!

Vonsworld

I have a couple of Select controllers and just recently the speed control knob on one of them has become rather stiff as if it is binding on something.

The controller still works but I just wondered if anyone else has come across this problem and is there a way of loosing up the control knob?

The knob should just pull off as it is on a 'D' shaft. Once removed you can turn the shaft by hand and feel for binding. There is a nut and washer holding the control to the casing, which should be snug but not over tight.

The knob should just pull off as it is on a 'D' shaft...

I haven't got my Select at the moment to check but if it is a 'D' shaft (and I thought it could be) then it may just be a case that the knob has been pressed down too far and is catching on the nut and washer.

There is a much simpler solution, too. If you can get the dial off, look at the underside of the dial, and the area it would sit on to see if either is "scratched". If it is, then there is a TINY piece of swarf on the underside of the dial, which you can feel by running your finger round. Find it, file it down. Dial back on, job done!

Archived