Trackplan: lines crossing on a bridge

I have just been updating my layout schematic on RM. It seems that you can overcome this problem now by laying the bottom rail sections first and then the upper ones on top of them where necessary. My underbridge tracks looked as if they were on the same level as the ones above but now the upper crossing sections, using my method, appear to be edged in red to give the effect of a line or lines crossing over another or others.

I have just been updating my layout schematic on RM. It seems that you can overcome this problem now by laying the bottom rail sections first and then the upper ones on top of them where necessary. My underbridge tracks looked as if they were on the same level as the ones above but now the upper crossing sections, using my method, appear to be edged in red to give the effect of a line or lines crossing over another or others.

Oddly no matter how many times I deleted and relaid my crossing tracks in whatever order the same ones (yes - the wrong ones) stayed on top, so I just left a gap. As Rog says it is aesthetic only and RM hasn't a clue where your track is, only vaguely knows about points, signals and sensors.

I had to find out for myself, RAF. I just happened to try it and it worked. Delete everything in the box you wish to show a bridge over, then lay the bottom track first, followed by the top level one. I was laying diagonal over the opposite diagonal. Exactly what symbols are you trying to use?

but now the upper crossing sections, using my method, appear to be edged in red to give the effect of a line or lines crossing over another or others.

I have that red edge on all my track anyway regardless of whether it crosses another track or not. R-

What other sort of other bridge crossover? How about one at right angles horizontally and vertically? Also, the top red edged lining is superimposed on top of the bottom one. At least, it is with me for the diagonal ones, none of the others being required on my layout.

Absolutely true Graskie - what I was trying to figure out was another way to represent one line being above another. But I can't and this method seems to be workable. As far as I can see you can put almost any piece of track over another - it might not make sense or be terribly visible, but it can be done. R-

I had to find out for myself, RAF. I just happened to try it and it worked. Delete everything in the box you wish to show a bridge over, then lay the bottom track first, followed by the top level one. I was laying diagonal over the opposite diagonal. Exactly what symbols are you trying to use?

Vertical under horizontal like this.

/media/tinymce_upload/Capture5.PNG

But the vertical always ends up on top, so I've left a gap.

Archived