Query state of an accessory

Hi Ray

I don't have any motorised points (yet) or signals but I believe what Wayne means in terms of flagged would be similar to when RailMaster is displaying the status of Headlights on a Loco, in that the relevant 'Function' button becomes highlighted, sometimes referred to as flagged.  The next step I believe means for example setting a Loco off, assuming it will take a particular direction at a points junction.

I agree that there is currently no feedback but this would be useful because many a time, my RailMaster screen shows that the Headlights of a Loco are on, when clearly they are not.

Hi Ray

I don't have any motorised points (yet) or signals but I believe what Wayne means in terms of flagged would be similar to when RailMaster is displaying the status of Headlights on a Loco, in that the relevant 'Function' button becomes highlighted, sometimes referred to as flagged.  The next step I believe means for example setting a Loco off, assuming it will take a particular direction at a points junction.

I agree that there is currently no feedback but this would be useful because many a time, my RailMaster screen shows that the Headlights of a Loco are on, when clearly they are not.

I agree entirely - it's such a pain when RM gets out of step with what's actually happening with the loco especially the on/off latching functions. However, accessory decoders for points and signals were specifically mentioned in the question, and as far as I know these don't send feedback info.

Ray

The problem with rm is a toggled function indication can get out of step betwixt elite, rm small loco throttle and expanded throttle.

points should display their selected state on the track plan via the blue line indicating way set. Doesn't mean that is its actual state. That can be confirmed by LEDs set by points actuated switches.

This might actually be a fucntion of DCC itself, rather than RM.  I have noticed quite a few times that just because I have actioned something in RM, it does not mean it will be actioned on the layout.

A few times now I have had to remind locos to stop, or have had to send a command more than twice to get it to action properly.

When working with XBEEs for RC trains, because they are trancievers, I can send checksums based on the instructions.  If the checksums do not match, then I just resend the message or send a EMERHALT to the network.

If I had more room inside the shells, I could convert these all to XBEE or WiFi.

Archived