BOOSTER REQUIRED?

CHUFFIN - NORA

I have a three loop set up. Small oval (Trak mat size) then two more ovals which are 4/5 times longer than the small one. Im stuck! want to add a booster (R8239 hornby purchased already) Am I stupid as I don't really understand the instuctions. I have a select controller which is connected to outer oval and there is only one set of points on each of the other ovals connecting all three ovals. Which oval do I connect the booster. I have tried to keep it short and sweet. The power gets thru to all the track but a bit sparadic (Wheels and Track clean)Thanks in advance

The booster MUST be connected to a completely isolated section of track. That is, you MUST fit insulated rail joiners between the section operated by the Select controller and the section operated by the booster. Failing to do this will almost certainly result in both the Select and Booster being badly damaged.

You don't need to use a booster on your layout unless you are operating more than 10 locomotives at the same time.

If you are operating more than 3, but less than 11 locomotives, at the same time then you need to replace the 1amp power supply, that comes with the Select, with the Hornby P9300 Digital 15V 4 Amp Transformer.

The booster MUST be connected to a completely isolated section of track. That is, you MUST fit insulated rail joiners between the section operated by the Select controller and the section operated by the booster. Failing to do this will almost certainly result in both the Select and Booster being badly damaged.

You don't need to use a booster on your layout unless you are operating more than 10 locomotives at the same time.

If you are operating more than 3, but less than 11 locomotives, at the same time then you need to replace the 1amp power supply, that comes with the Select, with the Hornby P9300 Digital 15V 4 Amp Transformer.

Many thanks for that I will use the transformer that came with the booster. Thank you 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived