R3244TTS Duke of Gloucester not working

rattlerMark

Hope someone can help

I have received my Hornby TTS Duke of Gloucester loco and unfortunately I am having problems trying to get it to run. It does not move when tying to accelerate in either direction, however the sound function is operating on 12 of the 18 listed sound functions that should be available according to the leaflet that came with it.

As per the instructions I have tried resetting the loco to default and reprogramming but still no movement.

I have tried reprogramming the loco numerous times on my Hornby Elite programming track but this has not resolved the issue.

I recently purchased a Hornby TTS Tornado and had no problems with that loco so can only assume its either the loco chip of loco drive that's at fault.

Living in Australia makes it harder to return items so hoping you can help me with any ideas. Thanks Mark

If it hasn't worked, return it under warranty. Expensive stuff needs to be fixed. Doing any fixing yourself will void the warranty, which you don't want. I know there are problems with returning stuff in Austalia.  I lived there myself for a few years. The worst I had was a Elite controller go wrong, fixed under waranty. Tornado is a good loco. Things you can check: Track is clean, if not it won't work. check the box to make sure it is DCC fitted not just DCC ready. DC locos won't work on DCC.

If it hasn't worked, return it under warranty. Expensive stuff needs to be fixed. Doing any fixing yourself will void the warranty, which you don't want. I know there are problems with returning stuff in Austalia.  I lived there myself for a few years. The worst I had was a Elite controller go wrong, fixed under waranty. Tornado is a good loco. Things you can check: Track is clean, if not it won't work. check the box to make sure it is DCC fitted not just DCC ready. DC locos won't work on DCC.

It won't be DCC Ready if it's TTS.

The Hornby R3244TTS is a, DCC fitted train, with TTS sound

The first question is, is your layout DCC?

If it is, use a power connector and connect it to a separate piece of track. A bit like program track but powered fom your controllers power connectors to the track. If it works on this track you have a power connection problem on your main track.  Do all your other trains work correctly?

You could also switch off your power, to track and controller, wait 20-30 seconds and switch it on again and test it.  They are all good ways of testing to eliminate problems as they restart in default.

PJ

Thanks for the responses. The Honby Elite controller is set on DCC so the loco should run fine having been programmed as all the others were with it's own address. I've tried programmiing to another address but the same happens (sound only and no movement). Tried switching power off leaving a minute and switching back on but still to action.  All other locos are running fine so nothing to do with the track power or controller. I've emailed the suppliers so will wait for their response and probably end up shipping it back to them for replacement hopefully.

Thanks again

Mark

Hornby R3244TTS is a, DCC fitted train, with TTS sound

The first question is, is your layout DCC?

If it is, use a power connector and connect it to a separate piece of track. A bit like program track but powered fom your controllers power connectors to the track. If it works on this track you have a power connection problem on your main track.  Do all your other trains work correctly?

You could also switch off your power, to track and controller, wait 20-30 seconds and switch it on again and test it.  They are all good ways of testing to eliminate problems as they restart in default.

PJ

PJ,ci think you may have missed that Mark's TTS Tornado is working ok, so eliminating all the basic DCC suggestions. 

Mark, when you reply to a post, make sure you start typing right at the bottom of bottom box in the white just above the Reply button. Then your post won't appear as part of the one you are replying to. 

And one final thing to try before returning under warranty - change CV 150 to access the other speed profile and see if that fixes it. 

Thanks everyone

will try restting the CV's. I've been in touch with the supplier and they advised me to contact Hornby Service Centre first before returning the loco so will wait for their repsonse but in the meantime will try CV resets

If I reset the Elite does that mean that I will then have to reprogram all the 4 x point controllers and locos

Thanks

Mark

Thanks everyone

will try restting the CV's. I've been in touch with the supplier and they advised me to contact Hornby Service Centre first before returning the loco so will wait for their repsonse but in the meantime will try CV resets

If I reset the Elite does that mean that I will then have to reprogram all the 4 x point controllers and locos

Thanks

Mark

Resetting the Elite will lose any loco info you have set up on the Elite itself, but you won't need to re-program any Accessory decoders or locos.

Ray

Archived