Changing volume on TTS sound ?

dwragg

I have just recieved my new Gadwell from Hornby, a replacement for one where the sound refused to work. Now I have sound (thank you Hornby) but can't change the volume, can anyone guide me though what to do. Is it me or are the manual instructions not that clear? I have a Elite controller with 1.3 firmware.

I advise updating your elite to v1.41 from the hornby website download area.

TTS sound volume can be adjusted in two ways. 1. By adjusting the overall volume of all the sounds at once - see your TTS info sheet to find out which CV to change for your loco. 2. You can adjust individual sounds by amending their particular CV. Again see your instructions.

if you mess the sounds volumes up then you can write value 5 to CV8 which resets only the sounds to factory levels.

rob

Thanks for the replys. Rob, I have done as you say (well, I think I have!!...will try again) I will update the Elite before doing anything else. I've talked to Hornby CCare about the website's page 'error' for downloading, they said send the Elite back to Hornby and they will update free of charge, but I won't do that until christmas is over.

Returning a controller to Hornby for a free update is a tad expensive. I returned my Select recently, back very promptly but I felt obliged to cover the value while in the mail, cost some £8 odd. Wonder if Hornby could set up an "on-line" upgrade for the Select? (Apologies for butting in on this thread). 

Returning a controller to Hornby for a free update is a tad expensive. I returned my Select recently, back very promptly but I felt obliged to cover the value while in the mail, cost some £8 odd. Wonder if Hornby could set up an "on-line" upgrade for the Select? (Apologies for butting in on this thread). 

Select doesn't have a pc interface so no way to diy upgrade.

i presume HCC take the back off and plug inside somewhere.

can anyone post select internal pictures, but don't risk damage to your controller. You may need a triangular screwdriver.

RAF96  I have just caught up with your post. The Select does have an Xpressnet socket, what would this be for? Could it be made to operate as a PC interface?

Afaik it's only for connecting to an elite when used as a walkabout.

RAF96 Thanks for your reply. Google describes Xpressnet as a computer interface and my suggestion was that someone knowledgeable at Hornby could set something up, via this socket, to enable the Select to be upgraded online, similarly to the Elite. Is this beyond the capabilities of some computer wizard? I shall have to ask my own PC advisor.. he's coming home Monday for the holiday...

I ran my DoG for my father-in-law a couple of days ago. He has two hearing aids and thought the sounds were a bit loud. I have slight to moderate hearing loss, and even without hearing aids yet, I agreed with him. I had already set the overall volume right down to the minimum. What more can I do?

Archived