Elink setup

Just wondering if there is a step by step set up for the Elink and railmaster software a few dos and don't prehaps. as its under the tree for me.

Thanks In advance and happy christmass

Best thing you can do is read the manual from cover to cover.  It looks daunting but it's only an hour's read,  You can download it from here: https://www.hornby.com/downloads/view/download/item/456

That is not quite the latest version but near enough.  That tells you everything you need to know about getting started.  Assume you have a PC or laptop which you will need for elink and Railmaster (abbreviated to RM in these forums).  Have fun!

Houseofmil, Hi, exactly same for me last year. There are a lot of does and donts, but reading the manuel several times, is the first do. You need a programming track, if you also are expecting new locos, as they all come as 003, and will need re programming. You will find my idiots guide on  here on another post, under elink. The next do, is to make sure RM, is up to date. Should be, and will update itself, when you  turn it all on. Do have a tad of patience, as there is a sequence to follow when turning on. Turn on elink first, with usb, connected, then turn on computer, and wait until, all lights have stopped flashing. Once everything ready, then click on RM. Should then be fine, unless you have an antivirus conflict. Again, covered on previous posts. There are several of us who have this set up, so plenty of help at hand. Should you have a problem, shout. john. Good luck

No need to download an old version of the manual from this site when instead you can download the trial version of RM, make sure you run it as Administrstor, allow it to update itself to the latest version 1.58 and, hey presto, the latest version of the manual will be sitting on your desktop. And while reading it, you can play with the program to make sure you've understood the manual.  You have 5 sleeps until Santa, plenty of time.

Then when you get your eLink, don't install the CD, just enter your licence code in your now latest trial version to fully activate it.

Just wondering if there is a step by step set up for the Elink and railmaster software a few dos and don't prehaps. as its under the tree for me.

Thanks In advance and happy christmass

Best thing you can do is read the manual from cover to cover.  It looks daunting but it's only an hour's read,  You can download it from here: https://www.hornby.com/downloads/view/download/item/456

That is not quite the latest version but near enough.  That tells you everything you need to know about getting started.  Assume you have a PC or laptop which you will need for elink and Railmaster (abbreviated to RM in these forums).  Have fun!

Cheers

Houseofmil, Hi, exactly same for me last year. There are a lot of does and donts, but reading the manuel several times, is the first do. You need a programming track, if you also are expecting new locos, as they all come as 003, and will need re programming. You will find my idiots guide on  here on another post, under elink. The next do, is to make sure RM, is up to date. Should be, and will update itself, when you  turn it all on. Do have a tad of patience, as there is a sequence to follow when turning on. Turn on elink first, with usb, connected, then turn on computer, and wait until, all lights have stopped flashing. Once everything ready, then click on RM. Should then be fine, unless you have an antivirus conflict. Again, covered on previous posts. There are several of us who have this set up, so plenty of help at hand. Should you have a problem, shout. john. Good luck

HOw long does a program track have to be? the reason i ask is that my kids have got me a virgin pendolino with 2 extra coaches does it have to be for the full lenght of the train or is it for the drive car? Iwas thinking of using a long piece of track fixed to a lenght of decking board that i can put away when not needed. Will this work

No need to download an old version of the manual from this site when instead you can download the trial version of RM, make sure you run it as Administrstor, allow it to update itself to the latest version 1.58 and, hey presto, the latest version of the manual will be sitting on your desktop. And while reading it, you can play with the program to make sure you've understood the manual.  You have 5 sleeps until Santa, plenty of time.

Then when you get your eLink, don't install the CD, just enter your licence code in your now latest trial version to fully activate it.

Best get reading so.

Can you post link please

HOw long does a program track have to be? the reason i ask is that my kids have got me a virgin pendolino with 2 extra coaches does it have to be for the full lenght of the train or is it for the drive car? Iwas thinking of using a long piece of track fixed to a lenght of decking board that i can put away when not needed. Will this work

Only as long as the drive car.

Archived