TTS Sound

jed_porter

Hello,

My dad and I have recently received the hornby 'Cock O' The North' train with TTS sound and we have the select walkabout (R8235) as our controller, but we can only  get sound functions 1-9 and not sound functions 10-18. It would be greatly appreciated if someone told us how to get sound functions 10-18 if it is possible.

Thanks

Hi i am afraid , your loco has outgrown your controllers capability. If you have a laptop, the cheapest way to upgrade, is to buy an Elink, with Railmaster. Gives a lot more choice and flexibility, and is able to change loco cvs, to accomodate future engines. Great loco, i have the same one, pulls a lot of coaches. john

Hi i am afraid , your loco has outgrown your controllers capability. If you have a laptop, the cheapest way to upgrade, is to buy an Elink, with Railmaster. Gives a lot more choice and flexibility, and is able to change loco cvs, to accomodate future engines. Great loco, i have the same one, pulls a lot of coaches. john

I agree with John,

And the elink with RM software deal is excellent value for money, it is almost like getting the software free compared the buying the elink on its own

Happy Christmas

PJ

I received Tornado with TTS sound from Father Christmas this year. Out of the box it ran great (on hornby select), however when I stoppted it then the problems started. It will not restart the train and the sound seems stuck (imagine a cd that's sticking). I have to turn off the power, wait a few mins and turn it back on before it will move, then when it's stopped same happens. any ideas?

Merry Christmas all

MaltesePhil - that sounds like dirty track or wheels, to me.

DCC loco's need really clean track and wheels, to work reliably. Use a proper track rubber, or the pimply side of a small square of hardboard to polish the running surface of the track, then vacuum up all the muck you have created!

If it still does it, check that all the plugs, wires, and rail joints are properly connected, and not loose.

You should really have started a new 'thread' for your question, rather than hang it onto the end of someone else's about a different problem!

For a start, jed and phil, welcome to the forums and Merry Christmas. 

Now a little "housekeeping": jed, this is your thread and, without meaning to be picky, a better title might have been "Running a TTS Sound Loco with Select".  And you have your answer, you can only access functions 0-9 with Select, Walkabout or otherwise, so you really need a better controller to handle TTS.

Now phil: if jed had used my title, maybe you wouldn't have posted your very different subject on the bottom of it. Maybe you'd have started your own thread with a title like "TTS Tornado with Stuck Sound and Won't Restart", or something equally descriptive so other forum members know what your problem is.  As it is, we know jed's question has been answered and we may just pass over the thread in future.

Anyway, here endeth the lesson.

But continuing, 2e0's advice is "sound".  Tell us how you go.  If you still have a problem, a little more info might help, starting with what controller are you using?  Although to me it may be you have a faulty loco that needs to be returned. 

Archived