Western Master

alpachi

Hi guy's, I got the Western Master digetal elink for christmas and I am having problems with the track. The DCC is read by the computer and the drive all good but when I connect the track a window pops up saying  [DCC controller error ] Please clear the short circuit, only when I take off the siding track the train runs ok. Please help,

Hi alpachi, check you power conector track, some of the Western Masters were shiped with the incorrect DC Power Track (R8206). The correct one is the R8241 Digital Power Track. Check underneath the track.

If you have the R8206, simply pop off the plastic bridge covering the contacts(top side of track) and remove the resistor conecting the two track contacts, and clip the bit of plastic back in place. If you don't want to attempt this yourself just have it replaced with the correct one(R8241).

Hope this fixes your problem.

Peter.

Very interesting. My son's Somerset belle was a pig to get working and then he trod on the power track and broke it.

So I bought a replacement, which worked well, even though it had the wrong product code.

... Although clearly the right replacement on the basis of this thread.

Archived