Hornby Loco will not run from Elite

RDS

What about in a dummy car for lights?

That's it.  Thanks.  What a great idea, in fact I have just the thing.  

A Hornby Inter City 125, that I am part way through converting to bi-colour LED lights from the filament type.

I had loads of my DCC locos registered with full numbers and/or names on my Elite, RDS, but I was forced to reset the machine to correct a particular problem. It worked for me on that occasion. Like you, having been used to an Elite before RM came along, I was a bit concerned about losing loco data but have since found it no problem at all, and have performed the same procedure a couple of times more recently, now knowing I couldn't lose any more. I programmed each loco to a 4 digit ID which I could work out by just looking at a loco and I'm not at all bothered about losing the Elite data, because I can still work things directly from that quite easily, as I know you like doing, preferring that option to RM at times.

I believe it's a question of biting the bullet and moving on. Old practices can eventually tie you up more than you realise.

Hi Graskie

I can honestly say that after reading the advice in your post, I would have reset my Elite.  However, the 'suspect' chip is now on standby to be fixed into my 125 Dummy car and a replacement has been fitted to the Loco, body back on.  Thanks anyway.

Archived