Can't go back into forwards mode from reverse on select

Trainboy709

Hi,

I bought a hornby digital set a few years ago which came with a Select controller. Ever since i have had the same problem. I have made the loco reverse into a siding to couple up to the wagons it came with, and couldn't go back into forwards mode. The only way i could fix this was to unplug and plug it in again. But i need a solution since my collection is steadily growing and it is a nuisance having to unplug and replug the remote. I'm not sure if this is the way it is designed or if it is just my controller. I think number two. Any help would be greatly appreciated, 

Trainboy709

I just had a look at the manual and it turns out that the entire left directional button is dysfunctional, even though the LED is lit! I couldn't complete any of the commands that require the use of that button. I would very much appreciate any suggestions. I think i should get it serviced. Or looked at.

Trainboy, hi. If your select is several years old, its firmware, will not be up to date. There were problems with the older ones, which were then updated, and are now fine. This is a free service provided by hornby. Contact them, at margate/ ashford, and then return it for free updating. john

Trainboy, hi. If your select is several years old, its firmware, will not be up to date. There were problems with the older ones, which were then updated, and are now fine. This is a free service provided by hornby. Contact them, at margate/ ashford, and then return it for free updating. john

Thanks! I will try contacting hornby then. But if i take it to a local model shop couldn't they be able to fix the faulty button? It is probably the firmware.

Thanks

According to a separate post where the poster was having problems following the manual when comparision was made with the the latest manual download the procedure was different.

The manual and the firmware must obviously match.

Also the firmware upgrade can only be done by Hornby not by your local shop or handy mate.

Archived