Class 37 TTS

Jim22220

Think of it like a dummy car decoder on say a Pendilino.

Just give it the same address.

As there will be no connections to the lighting circuits on the TTS decoder although it will hear the command and react to it there will be no wires from it to take that any further and this is where your other decoder will take over.

I presume you need more than just direction fwd/rev and aux lighting which is all the TTS decoder can handle (I use my aux for cab lights), maybe you also want switchable tail lights, etc.

Hi

As RAF96 says there wont be any interaction between the two decoders.  Except.....If you do give the TCS lighting only decoder the same address number as the TTS decoder you may find some of the four Functions on the TCS decoder are then the same number as those providing sounds on the TTS decoder!

It may in this case be wiser then to give it another totally different address number for all function controls. Alternative would be to remap the TCS function numbers to those not used by the TTS decoder, but you may run out of Functions on your DCC system especially if it's a more basic system.

you don't need a seperate decoder, the decoder has solder tags for the lights, you just need to wire them up, it is straight forward i did mine a couple of weeks ago

Correction - the decoder socket has the 4 lighting tags to solder your lighting wires to - not the decoder.

You appear to have rigged yours for basic directional lighting with the cab lights also in the white light circuit responding to F0.

I have my cab lights wired to F25 Aux function, as well as having the normal directional lights on F0, but the OP suggested in his post that he wanted more than the standard TTS available lighting functionality hence my reply.

you don't need a seperate decoder, the decoder has solder tags for the lights, you just need to wire them up, it is straight forward i did mine a couple of weeks ago

Correction - the decoder socket has the 4 lighting tags to solder your lighting wires to - not the decoder.

You appear to have rigged yours for basic directional lighting with the cab lights also in the white light circuit responding to F0.

I have my cab lights wired to F25 Aux function, as well as having the normal directional lights on F0, but the OP suggested in his post that he wanted more than the standard TTS available lighting functionality hence my reply.

exactly head,tail and cab for one direction, same for opposite direction, aux free for extra lights or smoke generator to simulate exhaust, what more do you need, what other lighting functions warrants another decoder to be fitted

Some people like to run protypical lighting such as being able to switch off tail lights when in a rake, run day and night lighting configurations, control cab lights independantly end by end, etc, which requires a 4 to 8 function decoder, a tad outwith the capability of TTS decoder, hence the additonal decoder in the OP.

Right now i understand, thanks for the explanation RAF96, it would have helped if the op had expanded more in their post,

Its a general problem on forums.

People post what they think is a decent description of their problem only to have other people come back saying what about this, what about that, etc.

Often however people grasp at a wrong idea of what the question was and go off at a tangent which can tend to confuse things at times.

After a few iterations we usually get to see the full question which usually then leads to a full answer. So we get there in the end.

Archived