Tri-Ang 1961-2011 Products

Choobacca

With BP announced elsewhere I suspect it is unlikely to turn up in the Railroad range, and the original Triang models do turn up regularly at toy fairs and swapmeets, <£100 for a four car set. Because it was not preserved (and a lot of people agree that

was a bad mistake) it only has a limited impact on the railway enthusiast fraternity, such that two competing models do not make a lot of sense. It uses an obsolete type of motor bogie so that would be new tooling. [i](for me if Hornby did re-introduce it

the retooled motor bogie would be the thing I would most want to obtain, I might buy it just for that, unless of course they had made a SR 62 foot underframe EMU model in the meantime)[/i]

I realise there have been a lot of calls for it but these have

been muted since the announcement elsewhere. I would much rather Hornby concentrated on new models that do not directly duplicate other firms production or are too similar to ones they already make. I predict the Brighton Belle is going to be a winner, and

they are market leaders for the HST which has to be the best non-steam train ever made. With the Pendolino, Eurostar and Rapier there are some exciting unit trains in the range and Hornby has a very good hand. The Met Cam pullman would I fear dilute this.

It's alright SOT no need to say sorry. I agree about the Dock Shunter, I had one , great little loco but used to buzz like a wasp when it went fast. Didn't it have grooves in

the wheels to to make it grip?

A re-intro of the BP DCC Ready with the working table lights fitted to the pullman coaches, direction of travel front lighting, cab interior, a new power bogie and five pole servicable motor of some sort would be good. Especially if it was cheaper than

the competition, it would fit nicely into Railroad and sell well!

I would personally pay £100 for an old Tri-ang four car set and detail it up myself, than pay £300 for the competitions model, it leaves cash to buy some more items.

No offence

LC&DR, but the problem with southern units is they generally appeal to southern modellers only, I think the exceptions being Eurostar and the Brighton Belle. The rest of the country has been sorely neglected as far as EMU's go.

Why only 2 versions choobacca, there are

at least 10 configerations.

Hi PP
Dont forget that most of eastern london, The Old Great Eastern Railway & the London, Tilbury Southend are all Overhead power delivery and only the class 86 & 90 plus the ECML class 91 in model form with no EMU sets. Some class 321,366 etc would

be nice

Bob

Hi Bob

I'd forgotten the GER & LT&SR but really we were still talking about units being comparitively localised until the 80's. Certainly, the market is quite widespread for the 1980 onwards stock but I feel less so for the earlier units. Mind you,

if it came to a choice (heaven preserve me from LC&DR) I think I prefer the overhead units to 3rd rail stock.

If that was the only choice I had available I'd find a new hobby!!

I should have said one with lights and one without lights :)

Archived