D.H.C. Beaver

Gawain Sonoflot

Hi Guys n Gals,

here's admins update from the Basset thread, so it appears the project for other kits has now stopped, so no Bearvers!

I'm really sad about this but glad I've got more than 30 of the Airfix Beavers in my stash.

Regards

Reggie.

Hi Guys 

Apologies it went a bit quiet but I had been waiting on confirmation that the kits had arrived. I’m happy to say that has now happened and you should be receiving your confirmation emails shortly (if you haven’t already!).

Many thanks for your patience and I’m sure you’ll be enjoying your Beagle Bassets very soon.

I know there’s a lot of interest in what we might be adding next to KitStarter but unfortunately, it has been decided to put the project on hold at this time so we will be retiring the section shortly. It’s been a very interesting trial for us and garnered a lot of interest and suggestions. Hopefully, we’ll be able to come back to it in the future – you’ll be the first to hear if we do! Thanks to all those who have contributed.

Posted at 10:07:22 Wed, 11 May 2016

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Well well well, what a sorry state of affairs.

I am exe AAC and one of the crew that keeps the Historic Army Aircraft Flight in the air.

The most imposing member of our fleet is XP820. She is a Beaver AL1 who was built in 1963 and served in the Far East and Northern Ireland.

The Beaver is a pretty unique aeroplane. Weighing in at nearly 2 tons she was designed as a flying truck, is phenomenally well built and climbs like a homesick angel.

We have just finished a major service on 820 for her now cancelled 2020 season. In effect the flight is suspended until late 2020 but more likely spring 2021, so with this in mind, I thought I might get back into some plastic modelling. Build the HAAF fleet possibly?

No. Beaver AL1.... I need to sell my soul on Ebay.

Sioux....Thank god Italeri at least do one.

Scout AH1....well the Airfix one was it. Shocking engine but looked like a Scout. Again, dipped out on ebay round the £30 mark but thankfully an oppo has the makings available.

Auster AOP9.....nope

Chipmunk T10....should be flying with us soon....

So here's my point. You can buy Spitfires in every conceivable scale and scheme, but you know XP820 is a darned sight more rare than a Spitfire.

Army Aviation. The flying soldier, the greatest story never told.

Come on Airfix. I may as well have had shares in the company as a kid, how about doing the Army Air Corps proud?

You have the moulds for the Beaver......its your duty to put her in the air again