Model Trains in Cyprus

Huwsie

I asked this question several years ago, so asking again in case there are any new arrival since - is anyone modelling trains in Cyprus? I'm at Larnaca and it would be great if there's anyone else out here to share ideas or even beers!

Model Railway Club.... a club layout and most have your own layouts?? how do I get to meet you?

Admin edit: The Forum Rules about sharing email addresses and telephone numbers are for your own protection. However, rather than actively breaking the rules you could simply email me directly (forum@hornby.com) and ask for me to share your details with a particular member.

• 8 months later...

How do I contact the club? I can't find a website or Facebook page.

-Andrew

There is a Model Railway Society in Cyprus, although it covers mainly Limassol, Pissouri and Pafos areas.

We are small, friendly bunch and although there is a club layout, most of us also have our own.

Admin edit: Please don't share telephone numbers on the Forum

Andrew,

Please do make contact - I don't spend es much time as I would like to in Cyprus due to work commitments, but when I'm there it's wall to wall model railways. I posted a couple of pictures on the Live Steam section of this forum. That's my layout... still under contruction, in fact, into it's third year under construction, so passengers are starting to complain bitterly!

Hope to hear from you soon.

Hi, I've tried, but the email address on the website doesn't work - I've sent a text with my email address in it.

-Andrew

Andrew,

Please do make contact - I don't spend es much time as I would like to in Cyprus due to work commitments, but when I'm there it's wall to wall model railways. I posted a couple of pictures on the Live Steam section of this forum. That's my layout... still under contruction, in fact, into it's third year under construction, so passengers are starting to complain bitterly!

Hope to hear from you soon.

• 4 months later...

Hi,

My name is Konstantinos.

I'm living in Nicosia.

I'm member of IPMS Cyprus and static models is one of my hobbies.

I want to build my first Model Railway. Mainly on steam locomotives on HO with DCC and maybe some diesel engines. I'm thinking Union Pacific because of the Big Boy. Or something else that will be consist of forests, rivers, tunnels, bridges and traditional houses.

In Cyprus something like that is a little difficult because is rare to found people that is making model railways. Also there is no stores for that, or I haven't found if there is any. Even for static models the stores are rare. One other thing that is necessary is knowledge and help from someone already at the hobby, because I don't know from where and how to start. How to build the layout, with what materials etc.

So I'm asking is enyone that is living in Cyprus is willing to help / guide me to enter this magical hobby.

• 3 months later...

Good Day,

My name is Antonio and I am also interested to start with the model railway,I am more interested in the German Railway on H0.

I have already one set but would like to go to the next level and create a scenery with tunnnels, bridges etc. such as Konstantinos.

I wonder if Konstantinos received the feedback he has requested as I would like to request the same.

Regards,

Antonio welcome to the forums.

as a result of Konstantinos making contact there has been some progress made in gathering together initially a contact group of model railway  enthusiasts in Cyprus, then finding out how we come together for running sessions, social, etc. A long way to go yet but we have made a start.

We are five at present and if you make contact with me by email - my contact details can be seen by selecting the link in my signature below, I will put you in contact with the rest of our group, and we can go ahead from there.

Rob

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Gents,

Sorry for the late reply we are in the throws of moving house , so all the railway is packed up. We will be in Empa which is just west of Paphos from the begging of March.

The model railway is southern region somewhere out west,it's is only at the stage of trying different things and building buildings, but it's a start.

Derek

Derek

Terry (above) is your man for that end of the island. He monitors the forums but I can put you in direct contact if required as I have his email, if fact we had a very pleasant lunch today and spent the afternoon playing with TTS and trying hard not to annoy our ladies with the racket.

My contact details can be found in my signature.

Rob

• 2 years later...

hey guys my name is zeno. I'm really into the hobby especially with dcc and hornby live steam locomotives however never had the chance to make my own layout or have the locos run on a full layout If there is anyone in larnaca or anywhere near me in Cyprus who is willing to have a little meet up and have a go with our lovely locomotives please do get in contact with me 

.....please do get in contact with me.

Currently your request is very near impossible on this forum. Firstly, this forum does not have any 'private messaging' function or capability. Secondly, there is a forum 'rule' against anyone posting personal contact information such as email addresses, postal addresses or telephone numbers. There are many other 'model railway' forums where 'private messaging' is supported.

Rob [RAF96] who has posted regarding a Cypress based group. May or may not still be in position to facilitate a meet. It may be difficult, as since this thread was started he has returned permanently from Cypress to now be a full time UK resident.

TIP: As a newbie poster on the forum, just be aware that the 'Blue Button with the White Arrow' is not a 'Reply to this post' button. If you want to reply to any of the posts, scroll down and write your reply in the reply text box at the bottom of the page and click the Green 'Reply' button.

See also – further TIPs on how to get the best user experience from this forum.

https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/forum/tips-on-using-the-forum/