Help!!

Hi all,

I've recently started using scalextric again, and I've just bought my first car with lights in. Its the gulf mp4-12c, c3287. 1, I can't get the lights to work, at all, and 2, even at the slowest speeds the car comes out of the slot on even the slightest of bends. Any advice, tips or knowledge would be much appreciated!  Mike

Can you you tell us more about your track?

Radius 1 curves are very hard to navigate at high speed.

You should sand and true your tires (there are lots of guides on youtube) and double check if a magnet is actually mounted.

Some cars allow the magnet to be moved. Putting it further back increases stability.

Regarding lights: It is usually a loose connection somewhere inside the car.

• 2 weeks later...

You may have bought a damaged car. Certainly it must be secondhand otherwise you would have taken it straight back to the shop or supplier on the issue of the lights alone. If you don't have any recourse to get back to where you bought it, then it will be time to investigate it yourself. It is not unknown for the guide hole to get broken on cars and this will lead to a sloppy guide at best. So if it is secondhand and you can't get your money back .i.e. using ebay paypal. Then it may be time to open it up and check it out. It may not even have a magnet in it although just placing it on the track will confirm that as it gets pulled down. Then check the guide to make sure it is secure and only twists on its axis as it should without rocking/leaning from side to side..

Archived