PALE BLUE PAINT SPRAY

Yug

What happened with the airbrush? Believe me I had to try again and again and again (and again and again) to start to master it. I am still gaining experience but boy the finish I can now get I am so, so glad I persevered.

However, I did buy a starter Iwata Neo and a cheap though cheerful compressor after trying to use compresed air cans which are great for the cheaper end 'spray gun' type sprayers, but fall short in use for a more expensive airbrush.

Don't get me wrong, the spray gun types for around £20 or so with compressed air cans can give good results when spraying a wider area, but they do lack discrimination and do not give good control.

I bought the basic one from Humbrol with a compressor aerosol . Started off okay but then splattered all over. Then no paint came out at all only air. Couldn't understand because there was still loads of paint left and it couldn't have been blocked or else the air wouldn't have been able to blow. 

Hi Yug. Persevere with the airbrush. The first model I airbrushed, ( a 1/72 B17 fortress ) nearly ended up in the bin several times. I'm in the middle of my second airbrushed build and things are going a bit better for me. My problems stemmed from rushing the cleaning ,resulting in paint blockages. It's a steep learning curve,but I wouldn't paint any other way. Cheers. Stuart.

Is your airbrush the type where the air from a nozzle blows across a tube bringing paint from a bottle fixed below the handle? If so, it may be that the paint tube is blocked with dried paint, even though the air path is clear. Instructions for cleaning the airbrush should be included in the pack. Because the nozzles and tubes are very narrow, you will have to clean them quite often. Thinning the paint somewhat will help to keep the paint from drying inside.

Wow-probably opened the proverbial can of worms with this one! I've had a B***** 150 airbrush for the best part of 20 years but still dont feel properly competent using it.I started off coupling it to a can but soon realised I needed a compressor to provide a consistent(and economical!) air supply so I invested in a relatively cheap and cheerful compressor and moisture trap-but then you move on to the other variables: paint type,thinning consistency and air pressure-and so it goes on.All you can do is what you've done on here-seek advice and then practice,practice....good luck!

It was the first time I'd used it so it should be clear. Poured almost a full tin of paint with the same amount of tthinners. Gave it a good stir. Had to pour it all away and cleaned it all with airbrush cleaner. Very dissapointed but may try again. For now I'm using aerosols, I've had plenty of experience on cars and scooters. The hardest thing is masking. 

Archived