New Club Kits...?

Rudi123

So when will there be more (and New) Club Kits? 

The two that are listed at the moment have been there for ages and don't really give much of a selection for members to purchase with their £20 vouchers.

How about Special Club schemes for ...

1) The new 1/48 Meteor
2) The new 1/48 Defiant
3) The new 1/48 Curtis P-40B
4) The new 1/48 Junkers Ju87 B-1 Stuka

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you Rudi.

I was just searching the forums and i found this because I was going to make a new topic on this.

Are you and me and a few others the only one concerned bout how airfix cant be bothered to release a new few kits.?

And also why have airfix got the Tucano on the club exclusives page because it is not an exclusive?

i agree on the meteor and i think they should add a newly tooled 1/48 fw 190.

hey airfix hows that for an idea

I hav just received this from Airfix

Sounds a good solution...

Hi  I have a £20 voucher to spend on exclusive kits that runs out at the end of this month - there is nothing available at the moment available that I havent got already.  Is it possible to extend the lenght of the voucher (this has been done once already) or am I just going to lose the use of it?  There seem to be a lot of other people frustrated about this on your own and other forums too.  I have just had the renewal forum for this years membership - it seems fairly pointless to join again to me if the current situation continues.  Regards

Dear Mr Parker Thank you for your email.  We are unable to extend this however we can exchange your £20 Club voucher for a £15.00 voucher to use against the standard Airfix range.

spfparker I do have to wonder about giving up a £20 voucher for one of £15 sounding like a good solution...

Ok its not ideal and its a bit of a con on Airfix's part but its better than losing it altogether....  Unless Airfix sort the club out shall not be renewing.

I have spoke with Airfix Club about the Voucher and they did say an annocement would be made end of Feb, but this did not happen. The feeling i get unless they produce something out the Bag. The Airfix Club's future is not very bright. As to offering £15 to trade against other not a very good idea. I think Trading standards should be informed they must be breaking some rule.

Ok I have used my £15 voucher offer from Airfix on rejoining the club for the £15 email version of the club membership - but you get a voucher code (for club exclusives ) for £20!!  Therefore havent lost anything and still keep membership so I can use the flying hours....

I made furthur enquires concerning the club voucher and future kits. Had a reply from the Club Adminstrator, I asked for my £20 voucher to be used against any other kits. They offerd me £15 voucher code which i refused to take. Mine is valid till Jan 2017.

On the subject of New Club kits, The Administator could not give me an answer that there are going to be new club kits. They'll let us know in the future. If the Club Administrator does'nt know then who does.

Once again the Airfix Club members are treated with total dis-respect. Hardly worth joining anymore. Don't be surprised if all shuts down soon.

hi guys 

here is an update on the wonderful world of airfix club exclusives.

we now officially have 1 club exclusive which is the sparks of liberation which nearly everybody in the club has.

well, you may say,oooh but there is the spitfires, but they are not exclusives but specials so they cant be bought using the gift card.

well done airfix you really know how to get buyers intrigued with lots of new....... spitfires 

airfix please get new kits otherwise this company will have the old days of a bust airfix over again which now you think of it doesn't make a difference because probably most of your customers are not very reliant on you as they used to be

the east is taking over airfix,wake up , pull your finger out and start up some new moulding machines or this club will go down the drain in the next few years.

• 1 month later...

hi guys 

here is an update on the wonderful world of airfix club exclusives.

we now officially have 1 club exclusive which is the sparks of liberation which nearly everybody in the club has.

well, you may say,oooh but there is the spitfires, but they are not exclusives but specials so they cant be bought using the gift card.

well done airfix you really know how to get buyers intrigued with lots of new....... spitfires 

airfix please get new kits otherwise this company will have the old days of a bust airfix over again which now you think of it doesn't make a difference because probably most of your customers are not very reliant on you as they used to be

the east is taking over airfix,wake up , pull your finger out and start up some new moulding machines or this club will go down the drain in the next few years.

1 month on and no reply,and guess what,thats right you got it,STILL NO NEW KITS FROM AIRFIX.

It seems a bit odd that Airfix can't be bothered to release any new club kits to keep the loyal punters happy. All it needs is a standard kit with new decals, box, and instructions, which isn't going to break the bank. Even if this is sold at a bit of a discount  I'm sure it would make good economic sense to have an incentive for long term modellers to keep buying. I don't like to criticise the great firm but this is disapointing.

It seems a bit odd that Airfix can't be bothered to release any new club kits to keep the loyal punters happy. All it needs is a standard kit with new decals, box, and instructions, which isn't going to break the bank. Even if this is sold at a bit of a discount  I'm sure it would make good economic sense to have an incentive for long term modellers to keep buying. I don't like to criticise the great firm but this is disapointing.

Thank you someone has seen the light!

I posted this in the Club Exclusive part of the forum 

https://www.airfix.com/uk-en/forum/airfix-club-offers-220915/?p=1

Emailing direct got me a response so worth hassling them this way if you want to see improvements to the selection on offer??

"After being dissapointed with the "Club Exclusives" on offer I asked Airfix about their plans for this promotion.

I received an email from Airfix on 27/04/2016 saying they have no plans to add to the currently available club exclusives in the foreseeable future.

They offered to exchange my £20 voucher for a £15 voucher to use on standard items if there was nothing that appealed to me in the exclusives.

I explained that out of the 3 listed you could only use the voucher against one of them as the others had a "club members" discount applied. So unless I bought the same item twice the card was worthless.

Not good considering they offer this as a "benefit" of joining the club."

Archived