Operating DVD for live steamers.

malB

OK I treat myself to a DVD on operating Hornbys' live steamers at Christmas. This DVD is produced by a group of OO modellers who operate the various A3s+A4s. The DVD has been producesd with the blessings of Hornby and is quite infomative, high lights some mistakes and gives advise on the how to work the engines. So having watched the DVD I fished out my Mallard and put the advice, which from my limited experiance helps a great deal. OK the engine was a bit stiff having not been steamed for a few years, but after a while it ran fine on my rolling road, both forward and back. There email address/contact being @OOLiveSteam.com

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Sorry Datman

I only just spotted your post.

We (PlanesTV) made the OO Live Steam DVD and it's available via ebay or from the OO Live Steam Club. I am Chairman of the OO Live Steam Club and I've just retired from running PlanesTV.

The DVD is sent airmail and usually gets to Australia/New Zealand within a week.

If you have locos worth hundreds of pounds/dollars it's worth having because it picks up where the Hornby DVD left off ie the Hornby DVD explains how the system works but not how to work it.

The Hornby DVD was actually made before they had any live staemers to 'play' with. They are all 12v models with fake smoke masquerading as Live Steam!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MUST-HAVE-Hornby-Live-Steam-Instruction-DVD-with-errata-stickers-for-manual/222529035317?epid=2094649195&hash=item33cfc39c35:g:4j4AAOSwB09YRbqH

Adrian Campbell

Archived