1/48 Airfield service vehicles

Can anybody help?

I am looking for a general 'small lorry' and/or vehicle to set up a 1950's servicing diorama with my 1/48 Airfix Meteor. Having found one or two (flightpath) accessories and a Beford QL refueller I was hoping for something smaller such as the WWII Beford MWD, sadly not in use by then? I believe.

Is there any more out there? I have looked at Matador, verlinden - seems very few to be found

Grateful for any assistance

If you want to keep it to "kits" then I cant help but I had a similar problem looking for vehicles to go with my Sword 1/72 T5 and eventually ended up looking at Oxford diecasts in 1/76 scale and got a nice RAF Landrover-took the tyres off to sand them and gave it a bit of weathering and was quite pleased with it.I know they do it in 1/43 along with a minibus-maybe worth a look? 

Glad to be of help_I think 1/43 should be placed the far side of 1/48 as you look at it and 1/76 on the nearside of 1/72_something to do with optical thingies..! You'll find they come a bit "showroom" but a bit of weathering worked a treat.Hope they fit the bill but goes to show how ill-served post/cold war eras are for support vehicles(Come on Airfix_youre releasing the planes what about the vehicles that go with them!)  

I don't mix 1/43 with 1/48, as the volume is 30% bigger. This is not the same as mixing 1/72 and 1/76, where differences in volume is just a little over 10%. Besides, with smaller scales, models may be place so they look more distant from each other and this have effect when comparing sizes. With 1/43 and 1/48 its easy to spot one of them is out of scale.

Archived