Layout ideas for a 2200x1200 board ?

Paul60

Thanks John,

I sketched out a few ideas with the SCARM & Anyrail programs. I ended up back to the basic Hornby layout (as it's easy). 😳

When I get a bit more experience with railway layouts I might have another look at doing something along the lines of a Dad's Army theme.

Thanks for the tips regards Langley & Shire Scenes. I'll definately look them up.

Hi Paul60

A theme is helpfull in guiding purchases and anything you choose to make yourself and can help keep costs down.

It won't stop the I like it I am having it but may help stop the oop's that one should not have been bought or built

Easy is good just make sure the plan is workable and not to easy 

I mean so that you can work trains through with something resembaling reality, and also if it's been a bad day you can just run roundy roundy without much though and de-stress.

My personal opinion is a layout needs to be able to do both in equal measure.

When you do get the urge and  Walmington on Sea becons. 

I don't think it would be a very complicated station.

Probably single line with a small goods yard definatly fish traffic it would be up to you as to a terminus or through station design even at double track it would still be an uncomplicated station.

Given the time frame and location it might also be very busy as well I guess you would need some war flats and war well vagons as well.

Ian Allen published a couple of Southern Railway station plan books that would help get the right feel for a southern station If you can find out what the books where called get your local Library to get then in for you.

Wonderfull things library's you can get your hands on the book and have a look without chasing all over the place to find them then if you decide the book would be helpfull long term you can take down the relevent details then try and find one to buy.

regards John

Archived