No sound when using with iPhone

DrWill

Hi - I'm enjoying racing with an arc air and using my iphone 5s.  Unfortunately I can't get any sound to work.  The volume is turned up on the iPhone.  I can't see any settings for sound/volume on the app itself.  Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Will

• 1 year later...

Hi There

You have to make sure the sound effects and audio are both turned on.

There was a thread about that here but I can't find it right now...

Hi, 

We are experiencing exactly the same problem. We have an arc pro and we used the old app on our ipad and played the sound through an external speaker and it was great.  With the new app installed on the ipad we can barely hear any sound. 

There is nothing wrong with the sound when playing other apps through our ipad and external speakers.  We cannot find anything in the Scalextric app that suggests sound effects and audio can be turned on and off.  Is this a known software problem and can this be resolved?  

thanks

Hi DrWill and Christopher_gorman,

Same problem... interesting... i will take a look using my iphone 5s... but first I have three questions...

1/ are you using a homemade audio cable to connect to the iphone audio jack?

2/ are you feeding the iphone audio direct into a loudspeaker without any amplifier?

3/ are you using a mono or stereo speaker/amp setup?

Look forward to hearing back,

Dr_C

Hi Dr_C,

In reply to your questions it is not a homemade cable and it is plugged from our ipad (not iphone) into the external stereo speaker. We used this identical set up with the old app and everything worked fine. I guess we may have to uninstall then reinstall the new app to see if it works second time around. We are also having the problem with the cars slowing after weather incidents that has been mentioned in other threads. Again this did not happen with the previous version of the app so I guess this may be another reason to unistall and reinstall the new app. 

• 2 years later...

When iPhone has no sound, you could first check out these small tips. Firstly, see whether you turned on Do Not Disturb or Airplane mode. Then force restart your iPhone and see if the Bluetooth is switched on. If your iPhone still has no sound, then possible ios system bugs could be the reasons. In such as case, you are suggested to use professional ios repair tools such as TunesKit iOS System Recovery. Or you could go to the Apple center for advice.

• 2 years later...