Unable to load Railmaster

Hi,
I am trying to load Railmaster onto my pc running Win7 but get the error message that MSinet.ocx or one of it's dependancies won't load. Research indicates that the msinet.ocx isn't supported in Win7. Of course being unable to load the program,

I am unable to get help . Has anyone else had this problem.?...waited long enough now I really want to play ..oops ... I mean I really want to investigate the technical intricaies of Railmaster. Please help.
Thanks in advance,
John

Hi again, Many thanks to you (both) for the prompt help. I have tried some research which suggested using regserver to fix the problem, this didn't work, I tried copying the file into the appropriate folders but it seems that my version of Win 7 just doesn't

support the .ocx files which I think are some kind of activex file ( not sure though) Microsoft actually say that it no longer supports .ocx .
.........and I so really want to play trains.
I haven't had a chance to look into your suggestions in depth

but will post again as soon as I get closer to a solution ( huh!)
Thank you very much
JOhn

I think that old versions of Visual Basic or VB runtime cause the problem. What Brooks says seems to work. Uninstalling RailMaster then running "regsvr32 /u /s MSINET.OCX" from the Start=>Run command, then reinstalling RailMaster should do the trick.

This

unregisters the file and allows RailMaster to register the newer version of it.

It would be interesting to know if this works for everybody.

Hi again, Thanks for all the advice, I have tried the various sggestions with no luck.
It certainly seems that the .ocx file is not supported on my version of Windows and one article suggested that the software supplier should "include the runtime",

so I shall contact Hornby tomoorow. Incidentally, I borrowed my wifes laptop and it has installed perfectly on there but she isnt' the understanding type i.s she doesn't understand that if I can't get it to run on my pc, she's lost her laptop. Seriously though,

I will post any response from Hornby in case anyone else needs the info. Thanks again for your guidance.
John

Archived