Highlights & Hopes

Andy Hornby

Seeing Hornby getting back into to what it does best has been a great highlight. TTS sound loco’s & decoders & new Skaledale models too, all creating imaginative magic for everyone. More lit Carriages, video product highlights & steam locomotives with sound... yes... keep them coming down the track too.

Seeing Flying Scotsman, presented in the colours we all know & love with TTS sound, after requesting this by email some years ago was thrilling & then along came Mallard too, like re-living my childhood as I added these to my loft layout. Here’s hoping you’ll release upscaled versions & not just the Railroad ones, though they are brilliant, minus a few lovingly cherished additions like sprung buffers, etc. Also great to hear The Flying Scotsman with TTS sound is one of your top sellers... of a course. Hoping too, you’ll get back into figures, cyclists, motorbikes & animals to further compliment your range.

I also would like to thank you Hornby & the team for an early misfortune when I was told to use a solvent based thread lock on my new Duchess of Montrose with sound & it melted a coupling housing. Your free service & postage back was second to none. It ran even better than before. I’ll never forget that!!

Also here’s hoping The York NRM puts Hornby back, centre stage, in it‘s gift shop after my recent complaint too their Managemeant team, on seeing & hearing rumours about unfair bias towards other manufacturers. As their promised reply never came, maybe someone could help shed some light on this?

Happy 2018 Hornby, can’t wait to see what‘s planned & coming our way this year, DCC is fantastic & just wondering... if... you’ve ever thought of doing a car system like Faller, including canal barges & British vehicles... oh... &... yeah... getting Railmaster for Mac with app, now that would make me happy!

Whatever you do just keep those classics coming In that Hornby way xx 

Looking at the new range and from the cover of the new 2018 catalogue, wouldn't be great to have had a boat train pack like on the cover.  When I saw this I was looking for the CIWL coaches !

TTS - Maude and the blue Merchant Navy, defo on the list !

Archived