Length of Track for 00 Live Steam

alex_eastman

Hi

I set up my 00 Live SteamFlying Scotsman for the first time a few weeks ago and it worked for a bit then stopped. After going through the manual I worked out that my track was too short and they recommended a length of track but i have lost the manual and cannot remember the length of track needed. Does anyone know how long it should be? 

• 1 month later...

Length is not an issue.

Maintaining current to all peices of track is, so a bus system is used.

I recently constructed a perimeter layout in a shed 6mts by 3mts. It has two continuous running circuits of 17 mts each and two long passing loops along with 4 possible loco steam up sections. The layout is powered by four sets of live steam controllers giving the possibility to have two locos in motion and two warming up ready for the next slot.

I used over 60 mts of Peco code 100 track and points and busses of 2.5 mm mutistrand cable with droppers every 1mt of 1.5mm connected to every piece of track and points.

The voltage drop is negligible throughout and all locos run faultlessly, unless they need a service.

If you get your hands on a Hornby Operator's Manual do also get the Errata Sheet from the OO Live Steam Club and update the Manual.

If you dont you will end up like almost all the original purchasers 15 years ago crashing your loco and thinking they are difficult to control.

They are NOT difficult to control but you do have to follow the right instructions.

https://www.oolivesteam.com/forum-1/general-discussion/important-errata-to-manual

Adrian Campbell

Chairman

OO Live Steam Club

Archived