New Int'l catalogs available

ellocoloco

Great to see that new catalogues are listed on the Hornby e-shop for the International brands! A bit worrying though that they are very cheap and covering 2017 and 2018….

Ordered on Tuesday (plus a wagon to make up to free P&P) and on their way!

Soon and I’ll be able to see what is planned for the future, but mostly I’m just pleased that this shows the International Brands still feature in Hornby’s plans going forward.  

My new 2017/18 catalogues have just arrived and depressingly, there is not a single addition to the Electrotren range compared to the 2017 catalogue - only an approx 15% reduction of total items! 

I don't have previous Rivarossi or Jouef catalogues so cannot comment on those brands, but when I see a lovely photo of HR2528 - the Burlington Route U25C - in the Rivarossi catalogue - and it is not even listed, nor are any US items - I think its time to dispare!!!!

Looks like Roco and Ebay will be getting my savings this year....I can only hope that Hornby manages to restructure successfully during 2018 and there will be something to look forward to in the future.

I am not one bit surprised by your comments. The outlook for the International brands is I feel very bleak. This is what comes from flooding the markets and continually increasing prices to beyond the reach of the average enthusiast. The hobby has been in decline for some years and continues in that way regrettably. I am glad I have the collection I have but could not afford a tenth of it at todays prices. It is I am afraid a yesterdays hobby.

Archived