Toby The Tram, R9025 Wind-up, R9046 Electric.

Hi, Toby The Tram,available in 2 versions, R9025 Wind-up (clockwork),and R9046 Electric.Body is more or less the same, exceptions are cut outs on each side for wind-up key & Stop / Start lever.also the electric version has a small cutout front and back for normal couplings.R9025 has the child friendly plastic push fit couplings.The clockwork mechanism is the same that can be found in other Hornby Thomas wind-up locos, this time moulded in black plastic with 6 wheels.As far as I am aware Toby wind-up only came on a card and was not boxed.It was only produced in 1999.This particular variant is very hard to find.I have never seen one for sale with its original card.Hopefully photos show major differences./media/tinymce_upload/751ac30fd4649732985ed477522a7e62.JPG/media/tinymce_upload/0b58c60cadc28d53bbe9b3fd87b29727.JPG/media/tinymce_upload/597487e3791d2389dcd8ba5a275bc5ee.JPG/media/tinymce_upload/a723721b136af53a4ed9fcd0673afa9e.JPG/media/tinymce_upload/837292bd8eaed5aae187bf90ada49960.JPG

Great images, new lad on block. Bodies are the smae on the electric amd clockwork Toby's. I don't own any of the Hornby Thomas Clockwork stuff. It dosen't interest. It's too toy like, to me. I love and much prefer the electric Hornby Thomas range.

Pleae feel free, to post more compaision Thomas photos, new lad on block.  😀

GNR-Gordon-4

Hi Gordon,There are only five other  Hornby clockworks in the Thomas range, Percy, Thomas, Bill, Ben and Bertie the Bus.Bertie was never done in electric thougth.Clockwork Bill and Ben use the same body as the electric versions.They cannot go on HO / OO rails.Percy uses near identical body as the electric version.Percy can go on normal rails.Thomas, the 4 wheel version has a much smaller body but does go on HO / OO rails.Will upload Percy tomorrow.

I thought that when I saw your comment about the Hornby Bertie the Bus, being clockwork powered. I was sure he was a battery powered bus.

I don't own a Hornby Bertie. I'm not sure why. I've never wanted it. It could be due to there being no other road vehicles battery powered puts me off. I prefer the diecast toy models, in the way of road vehicles. These are not scaled to OO Gauge or 1:76th Scale, but do much better job of scaling to 1:76th, which is much better scaled than the Hornby Bertie, which is almost the size of the Thomas locomotives, which is incorrect.

GNR-Gordon-4

Ah, OK then. Maybe you should do Percy in a few days time, or in the near future.  😉 😀 😆

Are you talking about the Circus Wagon's, new lad on block? I am guessing that's what you mean, by "C/W".

I am very much looking forward to the Bill and Ben one.

Also, any chance you could show off the R383 and R9291 Gordon's together please, assuming you have those two?

GNR-Gordon-4

Thank you so much, new lad on block.  😀

I only have two versions of Gordon. China version of R383 and China and DCC Ready version, which is R9291. I don't want a Great Britain model of Gordon.

OK. Clockwork, sounds good.

How about you post a topic about the Circus Wagon's, anyway? Again, assuming you have them.

GNR-Gordon-4

I have a most of the Thomas range too. I am short of more or less all of the buildings. Main reason is for storage space and no space for them on my layout. I have a few though. I've mainly concentrated on collecting the locomotives and rolling stock.

The Circus Van's that appeared in the Percy Circus Train Set are, as follows: bottom left and right corner of van, painted blue, with yellow, in between, behind the 'Circus' logo, also found in R9094; Red rounded edges, with blue in between, with red in the middle, behind the 'Circus' logo, also found in R9093; you also get R9207 and R9208 included in the train set, too. Hope this helps.  😀

I don't own the Percy Circus Train Set, because if you buy the two triple packs and the three vans each sold seperately, (Which I did), you have duplicates of some which would look odd).

GNR-Gordon-4

• 8 months later...

Archived