Spares Request to Airfix

Ratch

I recently bought the Shackleton AEW 2. On inspecting the kit I found the RH fuselage side had malformed during the moulding process. I duly filled in the on-line form requesting a replacement and after supplying Airfix with the batch number and a photo of the damage I received a reply from them apologising that they did not have the required part available. How can that be, the kit only came out a 3 or so months ago?

They advised me to contact the supplier for a refund or replacement kit. Jedlam are sending me a replacement fuse' half. 

Regardless of how old the kit is, if they do not have the correct part to replace your faulty part, they cannot send it to you.

I haven't visited the Spares Department for some time, but they did a fantastic job, doing their utmost to supply missing and faulty parts. Unfortunately, if they don't have replacements (for whatever reason) they cannot satisfy the request.

Sorry but I cannot accept that, presumably the AEW 2 is still in production and is still being shipped to retailers so how can they not have a supply of spares for that kit? To the RHS of this very page there is an ad saying "Avro Shackleton AEW.2 In Stock Now!"

Don't forget this is a manufacturing defect, I haven't broken or lost a part.

Sorry but I cannot accept that, presumably the AEW 2 is still in production and is still being shipped to retailers so how can they not have a supply of spares for that kit? To the RHS of this very page there is an ad saying "Avro Shackleton AEW.2 In Stock Now!"

Don't forget this is a manufacturing defect, I haven't broken or lost a part.

What you can, or can not, accept is neither here nor there. The UK's "Sale of Goods Act" places responsibility for replacing defective goods with the retailer, not the manufacturer.

It's to Airfix's credit that they are prepared to at least attempt to replace missing or defective parts directly.

Archived