Breakdown Crane’s: R.306, R9216 and R9691

NWR-Gordon-4

Hi Gordon, Photos as requested.Also added R9223 Yard Crane.Mobile cranes first then yard crane last.As can be seen from photos all mobile cranes are different. The latest one is the Lima moulding, which Hornby produced.If wanting more detailed photos of these or any other item please advise.First photo R306,second set R9216, third set R9691 and last photos of R9223 Yard Crane./media/tinymce_upload/3bb67a8d7096a47034ec6451a8501f7e.JPG/media/tinymce_upload/620b8bc5a1e2742d0d473631af19c524.JPG/media/tinymce_upload/9ecec71e983c6e53c9b5e36bfbad3e18.JPG/media/tinymce_upload/e745209bb4bd9cd0d9c3b2ef8df4d9bd.JPG/media/tinymce_upload/39dcb3be49f94fd3c5431d662b574c4a.JPG/media/tinymce_upload/29ac1927ccf2224e47205481b27b99a1.JPG/media/tinymce_upload/20fabd08319ce055e9c980f45f9f274d.JPG

That was a quick tomorrow!  😆  😉  😀

Thanks for the photos!  😀

I have all of them. I just wanted to see the condition of your examples.

Please can you post more detailed photos of all them, new lad on block? Thanks.  😀

Also, I am outstanded of the box condition of your R.306 Breakdown Crane, the first Hornby Thomas & Friends Breakdown Crane. I have the box for this, but it’s got more creases on it and one of the flaps has tear on it. My box is better the boxes for the two R.306 Breakdown Crane’s that are for sale on eBay currently, though.

GNR-Gordon-4

Another great image.  😀

Which of the three wagon's is the jib runner? The flatbed the crane arm sits on, or what I call the two shunters trucks, that go each side of the crane itself.

That's good. When I found mine on eBay in 2015 / 2016, the images did show the jacks or the funnel, so I messaged the seller and I asked said to them that I will only be placing bids on the auction as long as the jacks and the funnel is there, as these are part of the crane and this missing causes the crane to be incomplete. As a collector, of course I want it to be complete. The seller messaged me back a few hours later with an image of the four jacks and the funnel, to prove they are there. So of course I want ahead to place bids and I one it.

Oddly though, I won it on eBay for about £18.00, boxed and complete with no damage. They bought it brand new late 1980's, early 1990's from a model shop, as they wanted a breakdown crane, but the standard Hornby breakdown crane's were more expensive or soemthing and this Thomas version was cheaper and they prefered the look of this Thomas version anyway. They only used it once and and it was stored in there cupboard for 25 years, without being touched, so to me it's a good one to own and I doubt I could a better condition R.306 Breakdown Crane.

GNR-Gordon-4

The polysterene tray, that holds the faltbed and shunters trucks, the hole that holds the fou jacks is where I keep the funnel. The other polysterne tray that hols the crane, has cut out in the polystrene for the funnel, but I don't store it there, in case it falls out when I holding the tray and incase I don't notice it falls out. I don't want it to get lost, so I store it where the jacks go, as it's safer there and there's space for it. Sadly there is not a hold in either of the polystrene trays that fits the funnel snug, like hole in the plastic tray, for R9216 Large Breakdown Crane's funnel does.

GNR-Gordon-4

Archived