Who else uses Ertl models for their layout?

GNR-Gordon-4, 

I bought my Ertl Lady Hatt around 2003, when the Ertl range was relatively new and you could get them in places like toy shops, post offices, newsagents etc. It did come in a double pack with an Ertl Fat Controller figure. 

If you really want the Lady Hatt figure only and don't want to buy The fat controller as well, it may be worth looking at different car boot sales across the UK (assuming you live in the UK), because I have seen quite a few Ertl trains and figurines knocking about in quite a few car boot sales. 

Or, I would be more than happy to give you mine, though mine is in quite bad condition and smells quite musty. If necessary, you could always repaint it. 

Thank you Peter. I live in the UK, but I don't bother going to car boot sales. I do like in charity shops and antique centres occasionally, but never found a Lady Hatt. Found the off ERTL Thomas character but never seen a Lady Hatt.

With address, will have to send it you via the admistrator. I don't want to post my address on the forum.

GNR-Gordon-4

The adminstrator is admin of this forum. His name is Adam. You contact him exchange personal details between members and does other roles as well, like sorting any problems between members, etc. He always approves the images that are posted, too. Basically he does all the 'behind the scenes' work to the forum, work we may not necessarily see.

I won't be disappointed. Thank you for being so willing of wanting to give it to me.  😀

GNR-Gordon-4 

Yes, we both have to confirm this with Adam and it will be the only way for you to get my address. Hopefully Adam will allow you to give me the figure, but he would have to contact you with my address.

There's no hurry though. You need to find and if you don't find it, then don't worry about it and if you do, Adam only works Monday - to Friday, during the day (Excluding Bank Holidays and Weekends).

GNR-Gordon-4

• 4 years later...

I used to do that. I am 28 and still have by ERTL models in my attic. Sadly they are trashed from being lit on fire and buried in sand or sunk in the bath... They relived many episodes....

So did my Hornby train set. The 1997 Thomas and Percy oval set.

I just bought 2 sets on Ebay and am going to start collecting all the Thomas Hornby boxed.

It will be a couple thousand. But I can't wait.