Lima or Rivarossi Gottardo/Cisaplin set

bill7437

I am trying to obtain a grey plastic pantograph cover for the power car of my Gottardo set. The item appears to be part of the pantograph assembly clipped on to cover the spring. Hornby no longer have this pantograph part although it was remade for the Rivarossi version. Can anyone help??

Hi Bill,

Have you looked at the Rivarossi spares on the Lendons website? I have bought from them before and they offered a great service. Their online listing of Hornby Int'l parts is updated every week or so to reflect Hornby's current inventory.

http://www.lendonsmodelshop.co.uk/?search=Railways-20Hornby-20International&showorder=partnumber&check=yes&searchme=Rivarossi-20Spares-20--20Pantographs

Is the Rivarossi version HR2039? The service sheet is on this website but I only see pantographs as spares not covers! My only other thought would be to look for similar parts from one of the continental suppliers if they do a similar model. (I have just repleced split gears on an Electrotren DMU for slot car parts).

Sommerfeldt also sell a range of pantographs which may be of use.

https://www.sommerfeldt.de/de/stromabnehmer/spurweite-h0-h0m-34/

Best of luck.

Many thanks for your info, looked on Lendons before posing question. Although the panto from Rivarossi HR 2039 ( part 14 ) is listed as available on the French parts site Details Trains Service. Simon Kohler tells me not available from them.The cover per se is not listed as a separate part but included with the panto. Have managed to make one from some scrap Lima plastic in the same colour but it does not look quite right and it "spoils the ship" etc. Panto itself is OK. Regrettably small bits for this model seem now to be pretty unobtainable.

Have now after looking at the Sommerfeldt website and their SBB pantos that they may be able to supply the missing part. They have replied saying it is available for 5 euros including postage so it is worth knowing that they can supply pantograph parts even if the maker cannot supply. Fairly costly having said that but completes an otherwise immaculate model.

Hi Bill, 

5€ inc P&P sounds a result for any spare parts these day.....Hopefully they will provide a good match and bring the set back to pristine condition.

I paid £11 for the gears I mentioned above - (in a post I failed to spell check!)  I am really pleased with myself for managing to source suitable ones and put another immaculate Hornby Int'l model back in service to my satisfaction. 

Yes one does have to be very resourceful these days trying to locate suitable parts - the age of repair now seems to be completely elluded whatever the initial cost. Although models are far more detailed than ever there are far more add-on bits to fall off. Thank God for Superglue.!!!!!

Sommerdeldt did indeed come up trumps, delivered from Germany two days after order placed. Item was in metal, same shape as original but fractionally longer. After some filing of the cover to allow the pantograph to be lowered and locked into position, a touch of grey paint to match the other parts - Gottardo now as good as new. Well done Sommerfeldt. !!!! 

Archived