Review Of Hornby 2018 Club Loco - GWR 0-4-0T

Guest Chrissaf

Locomotives that Hornby owe you? That’s a funny way of putting it!  😆

If you want a locomotive, you have to buy it!  😉  😀

Great video, by the way.

GNR-Gordon-4

Nice video, JJ. Much better than your videos a couple of years ago - less shake 😆.  The transitions are good and not intrusive. Also the inclusion of subtitles very welcome for those of hard hearing.

If I may make a constructive criticism it is about focus (which may be a shortcoming of your camera and could possibly be rectified by directing more light. Otherwise, blurred portions could be edited out as you clearly have good editing software.

I know you have put a lot of time and effort into this, so many thanks and I hope you will not take my comments amiss. Kind regards, Jimbo.

Loco No. 3 is the Bluebell Railway SECR H Class 0-4-4 - still waiting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  - it's not due until December - you will be waiting in January 2019 if it doesn't arrive. 

Is this the Hornby Collector Club exclusive, H Class, that was on didplay on low loader, at last year’s Warley? I’m talking the real life locomotive, not the Hornby model.

GNR-Gordon-4

@ Gordon

Well I've kinda paid for it - I've pre-ordered the Bluebell Loco & they have got my details -so when it comes in - I'll get it - if you know what I mean.

Thanks for the good comments about my Vid  😀 See you learn some thiong about stuff by watching my vids as you said - "I didn’t realise this year’s Club Locomotive is part of Hornby’s RailRoad range. It makes sense for it to be, as all the 0-4-0’s of this type are in the RailRoad range, these days." ;)

Also you asked "Is this the Hornby Collector Club exclusive, H Class, that was on didplay on low loader, at last year’s Warley? I’m talking the real life locomotive, not the Hornby model." - well It IS the Hornby Collector Club exclusive but I didn't go to the Warley - so I don't know about that!!!

@ Jimbo

Thank you for your good comments aswell :) I find it hard to  keep up with the Model Locos as they run - I do try & keep things in focus & edit the bad bits out!!! I like putting in The transitions - makes it look more professional :) I don't mind your constructive criticism - I've got a tri-pod - that is why there is less shake but the down fall with that it squicks as I turn & the camera pick up the squick!!! :(

Also when I 1st started YouTube I didn't have any  edit software nor knew how to use any - that is why there are gaps in my older vids - then I discovered that Y.T. had an Edit programe which was easy to use - buf after a year or so - they got rid of it for some silly reason - so for a little while I had found/used Photos in Windows to edit my vids - but now I found VideoPad - easy to use :)

My Vids will be better than before!!!

Thankyou to you all who watch my vids :) I appricate it

Hiya  😀

This is the Hornby 2018 Club Loco - Didn't get it straight away - didn't know when b/c got told it would be in September, then told there was a delay & would get it in Jan 2019 but then got a txt on the 18th September saying that it will be delivered on the 19th!!!
So now I have got 2 out of the 3 Locos that Hornby owe me!!!

• Loco No. 1 was the Special Edition Mallard - Now Got :)
  • Loco No. 2 is the GWR 0-4-0 No. 18 Loco - Now Got
  • Loco No. 3 is the Bluebell Railway SECR H Class 0-4-4 - still waiting :(
Just Thought - the reason why (probably) the GWR Loco is No. 18 is b/c this is the year it was made in 20 & 18!!!

Here is the Link to my Review :-

Thank you :)

@ Jimbo

Thank you for your good comments aswell :) I find it hard to  keep up with the Model Locos as they run - I do try & keep things in focus & edit the bad bits out!!! I like putting in The transitions - makes it look more professional :) I don't mind your constructive criticism - I've got a tri-pod - that is why there is less shake but the down fall with that it squicks as I turn & the camera pick up the squick!!! :(

Also when I 1st started YouTube I didn't have any  edit software nor knew how to use any - that is why there are gaps in my older vids - then I discovered that Y.T. had an Edit programe which was easy to use - buf after a year or so - they got rid of it for some silly reason - so for a little while I had found/used Photos in Windows to edit my vids - but now I found VideoPad - easy to use :)

My Vids will be better than before!!!

Thankyou to you all who watch my vids :) I appricate it

Thanks for your post, JJ. Glad to hear you have Video Pad  -- which I have just Googled. I have been using Magix software for some years now, after disastrous and expensive efforts with Pinnacle which was constantly crashing. Magix has been first class, though a steep learning curve.

Good luck with your future productions !

@ Jimbo

Thank you - A few years ago I bought from Curries Magix Movie Edit Pro 2015 - could not for the life of me work out how to use it - so that was money down the drain!!! :( That's why i use the editor from photos for a while - but I have found Video Pad - I am happy with that now!!! :)

Well I've kinda paid for it - I've pre-ordered the Bluebell Loco & they have got my details -so when it comes in - I'll get it - if you know what I mean.

Thanks for the good comments about my Vid  😀 See you learn some thiong about stuff by watching my vids as you said - "I didn’t realise this year’s Club Locomotive is part of Hornby’s RailRoad range. It makes sense for it to be, as all the 0-4-0’s of this type are in the RailRoad range, these days.

Yes, I know what you mean about your pre-order.  😀

I didn‘t know it comes as part of the RailRoad range, so I did learn that.

GNR-Gordon-4

• 3 weeks later...

Archived