Update?

Jeff Cook

Would like to know what is going on with the club revamp/launch? my sub expired and didn't download the latest magazine and would not let me  renew in order to access the area. Vague promises via the fb page don't really wash it.

Please advise when it will be up once again.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New subscriptions were halted back in May and they intend to relaunch in the new year. They are open to suggestions as to what members would like to see and there is somewhere on the website to register interest. I don't have the magazine to hand right now but you may be able to find it through the menus.

No, unless you are a active member you can't access the relevant page. Already registered my interest, but would take with a very small pinch of salt any idea that they would listen to customers suggestions with how they have treated the club and its "perks" over the last few years. 

• 4 weeks later...

I have been a club member for several years now, however, since my membership ran out in June this year and new memberships are suspended , even though I pre-ordered the new 1/48 Blenheim Mk.1F way back on announcement in October 2017.. I had to pay full price. So wondering what is going on at Hornby and with the 'Club'.. I have cancelled the rest of my pre-orders until I get more info as and can get them cheaper on release elsewhere..

• 3 weeks later...

I was going to generate a new thread then found this thread on the Airfix Club. 

My membership expired at the end of October just as I'd saved loads of Flying Hours tokens and was about to submit them for a new Lancaster. The first I knew of the revamp was when I tried to renew my membership to submit my Flying Hours Passport?

I don't have any suggestions for the revamp but I only hope that the members discount continues and also the Flying Hours scheme. However my worry is that the number of Flying Hours tokens required to purchase a certain kit will increase? I can only appeal to the powers at Airfix that club members benefits should at least be maintained, if not increased! PLEASE DO NOT REDUCE THE BENEFITS!!!

• 1 month later...

First of all would like to appologise if their is already a topic on this, I had a quick check but didn't see anything.

Just wondering when the new club is going to launch. I see the date has been pushed back again, at one point it said late 2018, then early 2019 and now it just says 2019.

Does anybody know why it was stopped in the first place and could anybody list a few benefits. Being still a relativley new modeller, I was just wondering what its all about.

Thanks for any input,

Kidge

Hi, haven’t heard a peep about the new club arrangements but just to add my eager anticipation as to what it will offer. I did reply with comments when we were asked last year and as my membership must be expiring soon I’m keen to be told what the outcome is. For benefits I said the 10% members saving on everything on the website was very good... the £15 gift card was a real incentive... and the flying hours a nice bit of icing on the cake! ... then there is access to the forums and reduced entry to venues + free admission to the Hornby Centre and 10% off in the gift shop.  I also recall getting a reduced rate for Airfix Model World mag when I subscribed. So overall I thought it a very good deal and of course there is the knowledge that I am supporting the Airfix brand ( a fan for nearly 60 years) with the hope it doesn’t collapse and disappear altogether. I see the minimum for free postage has gone from £30 to £50 ... the number of flying hours and postage cost has increased over time, but I guess this is just inflation and the general costs everywhere... it hasn’t put me off Airfix .   Yes, if anyone from Airfix can give us an idea as to the ‘when and what’ for the Club’s future it would be most appreciated , thanks

• 2 months later...

Also interested to find out what is going on with the Club. I can't tell if Airfix are being deliberately evasive with this, or if they just aren't keeping an eye on customer comments, but a lot of people on here and their social media pages have been asking after the Club update.

Any information would be welcome, even if to say that it has been postponed to accomodate changes or additions to the scheme. We would at least know they are working towards something.

Keeping their customers completely in the dark like this, however, is going to cost them in the long run; the Club is great but Airfix aren't the only brand out there selling decent model kits, nor are they always the most affordable...

• 4 weeks later...

As other members have said at least an update would be nice? My membership expired in October and when I rang Airfix Customer Services in Jan/Feb about another matter I also enquired about the Club and all they could say was 'we been told it will be relaunched in the next month or so?' So they didn't know much eh?

And thus we are still waiting!! Hasn't put me off Airfix as still a fan but think this is a bit of an own goal!

I've just started modelling again  after a break last year and as many of you have already commented was unable to re-join the club.  Airfix, if you're reading this can I please give you some advice. There are several other manufacturers out there happy to take our business. 

I'm a huge Airfix fan but really feel as though we are being completely ignored and treated appallingly with the lack of communication. We, the club members should be treated with a bit of respect as we obviously care enough to join etc. 

Could you please put a short update on the web etc. explaining what's happening as at the moment everything is just rumours and speculation. 

Many thanks. 

I noted the other day when casually browsing the 1/72 scale listings in the Airfix Store that there are quite a few pre-order kits available that weren't there before... Obviously a great deal of work has taken place to revise their catalogue of kits.

I don't know how the 1/48 or other scale listings look as I'm a 1/72-only man, but judging from the sheer number of new or re-mould kits coming I would guess that their attention has been elsewhere.

I don't know how their team works; whether they all club together and design/market/fabricate as a team or if they have departmentalised staff, but the odd glance at their forums couldn't hurt.

Still no official update, not a peep.  Quite frankly, that Tamiya F-4 Phantom is looking more and more attractive tbh.

Quick update, I emailed Airfix directly to see if there would be any new information but sadly, as you can see below, there is not:

Dear Jay,

Thank you for your email.

We are hoping to re-launch the Airfix club later in the year it will be announced on the website

Many thanks

Kind regards

..... .............

Customer Care Assistant    

"Hoping" has never been a word I have attached any affection for. Come on airfix, we are all in limbo here.  You  now have a really good diversity of models and scales and as a result I am sure a growing swell of new and old followers to the airfix brand. 

Let's have some more enthusiastic responses to our pleas for information. 

If you think it is the cost of having a club with discounts, money off, magazines, club kits etc then why not start it at a nominal fee with online newsletters and use of the passports to get things going and expand from there!  

"Hoping" has never been a word I have attached any affection for. Come on airfix, we are all in limbo here.  You  now have a really good diversity of models and scales and as a result I am sure a growing swell of new and old followers to the airfix brand. 

Let's have some more enthusiastic responses to our pleas for information. 

If you think it is the cost of having a club with discounts, money off, magazines, club kits etc then why not start it at a nominal fee with online newsletters and use of the passports to get things going and expand from there!  

Seems like the same people that manage stock levels on the Airfix website are managing the Airfix Club updates. Lots of 'coming soon" but otherwise no information or firm dates.

Come on Airfix - plenty of expired members would like to rejoin!

For such a well-known brand, I'd have thought they'd have at least 5-6 employees? Incidentally, I'm actually looking for a new job, and would love to work for them!

Wishful thinking. They update their Instagram plenty often enough - always on the road at modelling shows. New kits etc. The Club gives Airfix a prestige among the other brands. I really want to support them.

• 3 weeks later...

Dear Steve Parker, 

We are hoping it will be released again in the summer. As it is a different department dealing with Airfix and setting it up, we do not really have much information we can give.

Sorry for the delay, and hopefully it will be up and running soon. 

Yours sincerely,

Christopher Doran

Customer Care Assistant

T:+44 (0)1843 233512

www.hornby.com

BREAKING NEWS!

The Club is due to launch this Winter at the first sign of frost on the banks of the River Hades.

Seriously getting sick of all this waiting and getting nothing from Airfix. I emailed them and got ignored. Not a fabulous way to treat your loyal customers is it?