Update?

Jeff Cook

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Emailed Airfix at the end of last week and they ARE honouring Flying Hours if you were a previous Club member even if your membership has expired. Just sent 36 via recorded delivery and hoping to receive my kit within the 28 days limit !!!

I am eagerly awaiting the membership to start again, i keep trying to be met by the usual. well 2019 is fast coming to an end, so since you say memberships will restart befor the end of 2019 i am getting excited . I have loads of air miles to use , and although i have been told you will honour them, i am not a very trusting person anymore due to a load of events that left me with a dead sister , a fractured family and 4 years of hell. So please can you let us know when or if memberships will restart ?? 

thank you in advance

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I emailed customer services about the club a couple of days ago. They said the launch is early 2020. Okay that could still mean a few months but nevertheless it was positive feedback.  

Remember that it was originally mid-2019, then November 2019, now it's supposedly Easter 2020. Sadly, I'll believe it when I see it.

• 3 weeks later...

I saw a post on Instagram the other day (I'm sure at least some of the forum users here don't use it, and I mentioned as such), that was asking for suggestions and amendments customers wanted in the new Airfix Club. There was no distinct date (of course), merely a vague ballpark of Spring/Summer 2020.

I can't find the Instagram post, else I'd leave a screenshot here. Not much of an update, but at least they are acknowledging our input now.

I did also mention that an active participation in the forums by a member of Airfix staff would be appreciated, instead of leaving us to cobble together rumours and conjecture.

Perhaps there is some hope.