IPMS Telford 2018 - Airfix New Tool Anmoucement

T2B

@ Leone

Don't think I've seen any negative comments yet but then I don't do FB etc, and although I don't usually do large scale stuff due to space issues I might have to make space for this 1? 

And although maybe it wasn't what I was hoping for, if you see my earlier post I accept it's a good move for Airfix and that it will be massive in the American markets! 

And usually they only have the 1 big announcement at Telford, any other new tools (smaller 1s) if any will probably be announced with the New Year 2019 catalogue together with any new decal and sub-type releases.

Yes it is a brave move by Airfix but am sure it will take the modelling world by storm, and sure many UK modellers will buy the US Navy version, but yes it does give Airfix the option of a sub-type release of the FAA version which adds another dimension which initially hadn't occurred to me!

Definitely did NOT see this one coming....still hoping for a 1/48 Handley Page Hampden in the future....on the other hand, the way I see it, what's good for Airfix and what will keep it alive to produce new kits, I'm happy with!

Oh....eeeermmmm....I pre ordered one!

USS Yorktown CV-10, here we come! 

Yes I was hoping for the H.P. Hampden too, but in 1:72nd scale to compliment my early war collection! But then I realised the announcement was probably going to be something much bigger, but a large scale HELLCAT never occurred to me!!

And yes I think it's good for Airfix so eventually we might all have our wish lists fulfilled

Ha is that wishful thinking Colin that it won't take up much space? Not that 1:24th is my normal scale but when I told my wife about the new kit she offered to buy it for me for Xmas (Not understanding the lead up time from annoucement) but not to look a gift horse in the mouth as she has rarely offered, I accepted for 2019

Awesome! Well done Airfix! Will definitely be having one, hope they include Alex Varicu (? Something like that!) markings for the Fighter Collection aircraft from Duxford. I'm sure this will be as big a commercial success as the Mosquito and typhoon? U.S. Market will love it, so that should help. Airfix: back in the Super kit league, with bells on! Now, when's the 1/24 bomber mosquito and a griffon spitfire coming?  Loving the oil canning effect, if there was ever a model that needed it, it's this one! And a 1/32 wingnut Avro Lancaster announced too. Very groovy!  

happy days!

captain boogaloo

Not as big as the P-47, but the F6F was pretty big. You can fold the wings, which is a plus point if you're in spacesaving mode.

Same engine as the P-47 though; PW R2800. If Airfix wants to get the most from the moulds, a new 1/24 kit of the Thunderbolt would not be amiss. The F4U Corsair also used the R2800.

The Corsair was being discussed when it was decided to do another 1/24 kit, but it was kicked into touch by the release of the Tamiya 1/32 effort. I don't know if a P-47 was ever in the frame, but the VFS/Kinetic P-47s are current and in about the same price bracket.

Not my nationality. Not my area of interest. Not my scale. But still pretty inpressive. Maybe it'll finally reach SA in 2020 or 21, still waiting to see the Tempest.

Otherwise no comment.

Remember we do this for fun                                John the Pom

John , do you mean the typhoon?

Archived