Airfix Flying Hours

JBennett

Josh, the Club is closed at the moment. We are waiting for an announcement of how the club will run in the not too distant future. Previously the 'value' of Flying Hours was linked to the Airfix price series, so 

12 tokens for a series 01 or 02 kit

24 tokens for a series 03 or 04 kit

36 tokens for a series 05 or 06 kit

48 tokens for a series 07 or 08 kit

Therefore, for a Lancaster A08013 would be 48 tokens, unless things change.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Emailed Airfix at the end of last week and they ARE honouring Flying Hours if you were a previous Club member even if your membership has expired. Just sent 36 via recorded delivery and hoping to receive my kit within the 28 days limit !!!

Yes following the post on the Update thread I e-mailed Airfix to confirm the same and my 48 tokens went off on Friday recorded delivery, and have since received confirmation of my order just waiting for my kit to be despatched? Happy days!!

• 3 weeks later...

Cliverdee wrote:

And yes, the Airfix Club has I think been the millstone around the neck of Airfix planners who don't know how to make it an economic  proposition ... the redemption of the flying hours tokens perhaps being one of the main difficulties. By continuing to include them on the kit boxes means people will likely have 'literally hundreds' of the tokens to redeem so although the p&p charge is payable the kits are free ... not brilliant economic sense for any company struggling to survive. I think they'll bite the bullet and stop the flying hours scheme ...and perhaps limit the number of tokens anyone can redeem up to a certain date and then start afresh with a clean sheet, hopefully getting through people's dismay at losing the value of their piles of flying hours tokens. ..I.'ve only a handful now having traded them in just before my membership ceased a year ago... Sorry... just realised this reply has turned into an Airfix Club debate so apologies for this...

I have over 100 myself. As it happens I had a similar amount before I joined the Club for the first time. I used to keep the box art and when I joined I had plenty to reclaim. I will rejoin the Club if and when it happens, but I'm not desperate, I can wait. I still keep the box art of the kits I build and I have a box that my FHs go into - kept safe.

• 1 month later...

Hi

I have accumulated 33 Airfix Flying hours.

Two queries ...

1. I have a passport, but this is blank and has not number on it. I received this when I wrote to Horby Hobbies a few weeks ago. They (kindly) returned my uncashed cheque and sent this blank passport. Can I use it???

2. I have enough hours for a series five or six - I may save up points to get a series seven or eight. Trouble is, I can't find the series number on many of the models and model sites. Is there a quick reference guide?

Many thanks. I'm returning to the hobby that I started in the 60's - when I had the time but no money. Then 45 years working - I had the money, but no time. Now, semi retired, I have both the time and the money!

Hi

I have a large number of flying Hours but as I cannot join the Airfix Club ( and have not been able to do so for a significant time!) what is the point of collecting them? How long are we going to have to wait to get the club back?

• 3 months later...

A08001

Avro

Lancaster B.II

A08013

Lancaster BI (F.E.)/BIII

A08013A

Lancaster B.III

A08014

Douglas Dakota C47 A/D Skytrain

A08015

Douglas Dakota Mk.IV