ARC PRO pit lane

Regional Ron

Evening all,

Silly question time again. I have an Air and a Pro, I had some issues initially with my Pro,But you guys did educate me(well tried to) but I had brought the AIR by then, So the PRO went back in its box.

Ive been using the AIR and it’s great, however I’ve decided that I better use the PRO as it’s just sitting in a box doing nowt.

I’m going to get a straight section lane changer and a pit lane and will give the digital another go.(sorry I don’t know the technical part names/numbers)

My questions are:

how does the PRO know you are in the pit lane, when the app calls you in?

Could I just stop anywhere on the track in any lane hold the button and it count as a pit stop?

Can you stop at the power base and hold the button down, similar to AIR? Instead of pitting regardless of having a pit lane installed?

Obviously I don’t want lane 1 and 2 to be used for pits if multiple cars are running.

Do I need to remove the cross over bends I’ve currently got on the Analogue set up?(I seem to recal reading that on here somewhere)

Does it matter how many lane change sections you use on a circuit?

if I get the pit challenge counter to add as well will this effect the app in any way and will it also run at the same time as an app race?

Gents if you could clear this up for me I would be very grateful, I have done a bit of searching on the internet, but didn’t get the answers I was looking for.

Many thanks,

Ron

Hi Ron

Starting with your last question first - I wouldn't recommend having both powerbases in the layout at the same time. You could swap them out - or you could use the switch on the left side of the Pro powerbase to switch from digital to analogue. The Pro base then works as an Air base, using the ARC Air features of the app. You then have the Air base as a backup.

If you are running more than one car in digital, you definitely need a separate pit lane. The pit lane has no sensors, so you can make a pit stop anywhere on the track by stopping and holding the brake button. However, unless you are the only car on track, you are going to get smashed into if you do that! My house rule for ARC Pro is if you try to refuel / change tyres outside of the pit lane, it is an instant disqualification and five minutes on the naughty step...

The racing curve crossovers can be used with ARC Pro, but you need to have an even number (0, 2, 4, 6 etc) in the layout - just like on an analogue layout.

You can add as many lane changers as you want, within reason. They do draw power from the track, so if you added dozens of them, you would eventually get power issues and might think about powering them separately. However, if you have a track 50 feet long and are using two power packs connected to the ARC Pro powerbase, then you should be able to run six cars and a half dozen lane changers (plus a pit lane) with absolutely no problems. A layout of 50 feet or more probably needs power booster cables to the furthest point from the powerbase and all tracks need good track maintenance, including a few drops of INOX MX3 every now and then.

If you are talking about the C7041 Pit Lane Game, then I am pretty sure you can use that with ARC Pro, but it won't synch with the ARC app. The app does everything the Pit Lane Game does, so still with the app. Probably worth spending the cash on something else.

Hope that helps.

Evening Gents,

Thank you for your response, that’s great. I’ve ordered the new track so will have a go when it arrives.

My little man will like the lights on the pit game, so will still run with it. I’m not sure I will be able to stop him from cheating on the pit stops on the main track though.... lol.

I struggled to get the PRO to run Analogue last time, but will try again.

Many Thanks,

Ron 

• 1 year later...