ARC APP Update?

Slumdog

Just wondered if Scaley will be doing any updates to the App. For example its only a minor thing but I notice some of the more recent car releases like the McLaren F1 GTR's and the latest Ford Daytona Prototype are not listed in the App, just think it would be a nice touch by Scaley say once a quarter to update new cars to the App. I am sure that new sets will be released which may need adding.

It would be nice if they developed a few other features for the Official App also, like the mutliple Pace Cars you can use in the Magic App. I have used this and it works quite well if you have Arc Pro and run 1 Pace Car in each lane to practice overtaking.

I appreciate that Scaley have released the BLE protocol, but if others are able to do it, seems a little lazy of Scaley not to be developing new features.

Scalextric have said when they released the new version of the app in February that they would concentrate on debugging the new software. There were updates every few weeks to begin with, although the frequency of updates has tailed off as the bugs have been fixed. I suspect new cars and sets will be added in future functional updates.

I hope Scalextric do continue to develop the app. There have been pledges to do so. There have been some great suggestions on this forum, including many people requesting a more complex pace car feature. I do like the app and enjoy using it to create detailed simulations of real motorsport series, like this one: https://www.scalextric.com/uk-en/forum/btcc-simulation-with-arc-pro/

• 1 month later...

When the new version comes will it have the option to export and import data from user to another.  We have multible tracks we race on and would like to transfer driver data to different tracks.  With 12 Drivers in our league it would be great if each owner didn't have to reload data that had already been created at a different track. 

• 11 months later...

I saw one (possibly two) arc app updates on my I-Pad earlier this week.  I can't remeber the last time I saw an update, so wondering if this updated picked up multiple enhancements we have been waiting for.  The narrative (what's included on this update)  mentioned that Scalextric added all of the 2019 cars/tracks into the library.   

Has anyone noticed any other changes related to this app update?

Thanks.

Hi Chris - the headline is the inclusion of the 2019 cars and sets and I understand that there will be another update early in the New Year with the 2020 releases. However, there do seem to be some other differences too. Unfortunately, some of us are having problems with the iOS version - specifically around Calibration - so I shall have to wait to explore more until that bug is fixed. The Fire OS app has not been updated yet, but there should be a few Android devices visiting over Christmas, so I hope to try the updated Android version...